Wiki Posts
Search

AF vs Joon - business class

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2018, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum
AF vs Joon - business class

I ordered a flight with AF in business class. Now Joon takes over the connection.

Any need for concern?
Old Apr 5, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: Miles and More
I've flown with Joon several times (2x J, 1x Y). There was no noticeable change in service quality compared to AF.
KLBGO likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 12:10 pm
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
It depends on the route. CDG-LIS with AF had a hot meal, whereas with Joon it's a cold meal.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What about Hop? I see some routings connecting via CDG where the regional segment is Hop, but still in business class. Should I avoid those?
Old Apr 12, 2018, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ijgordon
What about Hop? I see some routings connecting via CDG where the regional segment is Hop, but still in business class. Should I avoid those?
can you be more precise (domestic, medium-haul) ?
Old Apr 12, 2018, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by tff
It depends on the route. CDG-LIS with AF had a hot meal, whereas with Joon it's a cold meal.
Well CDG-MAD just gets some dried, cold crap that you would have got in Economy 10 years ago, so I am amazed to hear that about the LIS route. In fact, the MAD experience was so terrible I vowed never to flt in Euro Business again. So not worth it, not product whatsoever, really rubbish service.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 1:50 am

Programs: KL Plat
A question I'm interested in too, Hop flight in J, 6am GOT-CDG.

Any ideas what to expect for breakfast, or would I be better filling up in the lounge before the flight?

Wasn't a big fan of KLs cold salmon and lettuce for breakfast.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Alaska MVP Gold
Personally I quite like breakfast in AF's CDG lounges so you can't go wrong with eating there. Don't know what they serve on HOP.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goldorak
can you be more precise (domestic, medium-haul) ?
“Regional”, as in Europe. Like 1-2 hour “hops”.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
“Regional”, as in Europe. Like 1-2 hour “hops”.
There is certainly no reason to avoid HOP flights. J class is obviously not the same for the hard product as it is only proposed on the larger planes like the Embraer 170 and 190 (may be CRJ1000 also?). And the config is 2-2 without blocked seat (on AF mainline the config is 3-3 with the middle seat blocked).
The catering is the same as AF mainline.
Also, there is now a very nice lounge in CDG 2G, so no reason to avoid if this is a convenient routing and acceptable price for you.
ijgordon likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Does anyone have experience on the Joon A340 in the bulkhead of business class? We are two traveling CDG-CPT and are currently in the middle two bulkhead seats. We could move to row 2 in the middle instead. There are no pairs left on the side. I've searched the forum and found a couple of comments about the Air France a340 bulkhead seat possibly having more leg room and being more comfortable but wasn't sure if this was the case and if it applied to the NEV4 Joon seats as the IFE system is different and the seats are refreshed. Any thoughts?
Old Jul 11, 2018, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by MorganB
Does anyone have experience on the Joon A340 in the bulkhead of business class? We are two traveling CDG-CPT and are currently in the middle two bulkhead seats. We could move to row 2 in the middle instead. There are no pairs left on the side. I've searched the forum and found a couple of comments about the Air France a340 bulkhead seat possibly having more leg room and being more comfortable but wasn't sure if this was the case and if it applied to the NEV4 Joon seats as the IFE system is different and the seats are refreshed. Any thoughts?
I have just come off a Joon A340 flight in J, and I deliberately chose the 2nd row of seats, middle section. As a solo traveller, this means no chance of anyone having to climb over me to get out.
This is slightly removed from the noise of the small forward staff area so perhaps a little quieter than the first row. Leg room was fine for me. The IFE looks like it might take a little room up in the first row as well.
You won't notice much difference in either location, especially if travelling in a pair.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 2:30 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Goldorak
There is certainly no reason to avoid HOP flights. J class is obviously not the same for the hard product as it is only proposed on the larger planes like the Embraer 170 and 190 (may be CRJ1000 also?). And the config is 2-2 without blocked seat (on AF mainline the config is 3-3 with the middle seat blocked).
The catering is the same as AF mainline.
Also, there is now a very nice lounge in CDG 2G, so no reason to avoid if this is a convenient routing and acceptable price for you.
Reaching 2G from the TGV/RER station can take some time, though.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Originally Posted by PeteM01
I have just come off a Joon A340 flight in J, and I deliberately chose the 2nd row of seats, middle section. As a solo traveller, this means no chance of anyone having to climb over me to get out.
This is slightly removed from the noise of the small forward staff area so perhaps a little quieter than the first row. Leg room was fine for me. The IFE looks like it might take a little room up in the first row as well.
You won't notice much difference in either location, especially if travelling in a pair.
Thanks for the info! Appreciate it. I'll go with the second row. How was the food on your flight?
Old Jul 13, 2018, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by MorganB
Thanks for the info! Appreciate it. I'll go with the second row. How was the food on your flight?
It was a night flight, so I ate in the lounge beforehand and slept for nearly the whole flight! The breakfast was identical to AF as far as I could tell. They were happy to make me an espresso on request, as per AF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.