Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

AF strike June 23rd -> June 26th suspended, except for one union: SPAF

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF strike June 23rd -> June 26th suspended, except for one union: SPAF

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:15 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by NumbThumb
Last time I was able to do just that once they officially announced the strike on the AF site. Originally it was AMS-CDG-YVR and they were more than happy to chance it to AMS-YYC-YVR.
I just phoned up the platinum line to see if I could get ti changed and gent told me that the strike had not been officially confirmed for the dates we are flying (26th June). He said wait and see so guess I will just have to do this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 6:01 am

Programs: FB platinum, M&S elite+, M&B gold
For what it's worth, a group of AF employees have filed a petition (change.org) to ask employees and clients for support against the strike, link here (in French)
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:41 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Wow, finally some sense from french workers? I have been in France three times, and all the times either AF or SNCF has been on a strike. What a parody!
Old Jun 14, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: BA blue, AVIS, Air Canada Aeroplan, Hilton Gold
So the strike will go on - as it seems

https://www.lesechos.fr/industrie-se...ve-2184100.php

No light in the tunnel :-(
Old Jun 14, 2018, 10:27 am
q

One problem could be, that the Direction has taken on to a very ambitious and maybe even noble (...) goal ... vs the SNPL ... now the smartest (?) of the two should de-escalate. The potential winner is elsewhere.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by q
One problem could be, that the Direction has taken on to a very ambitious and maybe even noble (...) goal ... vs the SNPL ... now the smartest (?) of the two should de-escalate. The potential winner is elsewhere.
There is nothing to de-escalate. SNPL is making unreasonable demands (over 10% pay raise) and whatever Direction was ready to give a few weeks ago is even less reasonable today after all the current and future losses caused by the strike.So Direction might de-escalate pay raise from 2% to 1% or back to 0.

Last edited by brunos; Jun 15, 2018 at 3:17 am
Old Jun 14, 2018, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by SouthSwedish
OK they will strike, but what will be key is the % of strikers and the % of flights cancelled. I am guessing it will be not that much, but of coursé this is just my gut feeling and I can be completely wrong.

Originally Posted by brunos
There is nothing to de-escalate. SNPL is making unreasonable demands (over 10% pay raise) and whatever Direction was ready to give a few weeks ago is even less reasonable today after all the current and future losses caused by the strike.
Agreed.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 3:08 pm

I looked at the last few strikes for my flight (Paris to Nice), and they were all cancelled. What should i do at this point? Just book with a different airline? Given air france is not going to refund me now I dont see many choices.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 4:51 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Bummer... I have a Premiere ticket TXL-CDG on the 26th connecting to the US on the morning of the 27th. The actual Premiere flight won't be affected but the sneaker jet on the 26th may indeed be cancelled. What a nuisance. And the way it looks they really want to go ahead with the strike.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by haoxu123
I looked at the last few strikes for my flight (Paris to Nice), and they were all cancelled. What should i do at this point? Just book with a different airline? Given air france is not going to refund me now I dont see many choices.
with several tens of flights per day from Paris to Nice on AF, I sincerely doubt they were all cancelled during the different strike episodes.
newflyer27 likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 9:55 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by SouthSwedish
I would say no light in both AF management and unions' brains.

What the management said to the unions during the CCE does not justify any strike IMO. It is nonetheless pathetic.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak

with several tens of flights per day from Paris to Nice on AF, I sincerely doubt they were all cancelled during the different strike episodes.
Several were cancelled, some heavily delayed. But you could fly, just quite messy.
Still, I remember my youth where Italians were so used to strikes that they adapted somewhat easily, while foreigners were fuming... The attitude among many in China is to avoid travel in France because it is messy and not worth the aggravation during a short, well-deserved holiday.

As Me and numerous family are flying this route (ORY-NCE) heavily, I have looked at prices. Amazing that AF is usually/often much cheaper than EZY..The difference is huge around strike days. For example son is coming to NCE for the week-end 23-25 June. Roughly 200 on AF, 400 or more on EZY. But often also the case on non-strike days. Sadly, loads are light on AF, at least lighter than last years. But prices are good if you take the risk.

Last edited by brunos; Jun 16, 2018 at 12:21 am
Old Jun 15, 2018, 4:28 am

I think it would be only fair to announce disrupted operations by now...I have planned many flights on these days with AF and I want to know what the options are. It's only a week ahead..
Old Jun 15, 2018, 5:12 am

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Originally Posted by BobTL
I think it would be only fair to announce disrupted operations by now...I have planned many flights on these days with AF and I want to know what the options are. It's only a week ahead..
They won't know what operations are disrupted until people don't show up for work. It's not good for us passengers but AF won't want to cancel flights if they don't have to.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by roberino
They won't know what operations are disrupted until people don't show up for work. It's not good for us passengers but AF won't want to cancel flights if they don't have to.
with previous strikes they announced that flight might be disrupted and travel plans could be changed free of charge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.