Search

Air France business class

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Keith2004
Yeah my booking does currently show 77W with BEST (58J) its AF 6/7
I have my fingers crossed though I know last minute equipment swaps are always possible.

By the way what does B&B mean?
Sorry but the thread was about ATL, so answers were about ATL. AF 6/7 is usually operated by A380. But they seem to plan a 77W from January. If they stick to a daily 77W with BEST schedule, it should be more reliable. But this is AF...
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by carnarvon
This having been said, which practical advice would you give to the OP?
I have never flown this AF plane, but many many similar config.
it is a matter of taste and sensitivity to noise, but I personally fully avoid the last row with your head near galley/lav.
I also try to avoid being near bassinets with the potential of crying infant (including in the cabin behind you).
Finally, Wifey and me prefer two window seats. But E/F are better if you wish to chat and are quite good too.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by brunos
Sorry but the thread was about ATL, so answers were about ATL. AF 6/7 is usually operated by A380. But they seem to plan a 77W from January. If they stick to a daily 77W with BEST schedule, it should be more reliable. But this is AF...
Yeah my fault for side-tracking

My flights on 6/7 are in January after they switch to 77W, seems all the 380s out of JFK switch to 777 in January...but like u said it is AF lol

Back to topic ATL has both 777 BEST and WORST scheduled daily it seems
But even picking the right flight with the right plane is no guarantee
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by Keith2004
(...) By the way what does B&B mean?
Best & Beyond.@:-)

Very AF .....

AF was good (and had always been ), became better (hard to achieve but they managed it), then improved again at everyone's astonishment, so they had become Best in the league.

But AF cannot rest satisfied of being the best, so they had to aim at even better : Beyond Best!!!
Keith2004 likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
slightly OT, but I have came across an advertisement of Corsair new J seat in the last release of Voyages d'Affaires magazine and...it looked very familiar to me.
It seems that Corsair has bought the used NEV4 seats from AF
If you look closely at the pictures, it is exactly the same seat, even the control panel.
So for the nostalgic of the NEV4 seat, there will be still a way to fly in in several years from now
Paging Brunos
Attached Images   
Old Nov 7, 2017, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all for the help. Hopefully they do not switch aircraft on us.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
slightly OT, but I have came across an advertisement of Corsair new J seat in the last release of Voyages d'Affaires magazine and...it looked very familiar to me.
It seems that Corsair has bought the used NEV4 seats from AF
If you look closely at the pictures, it is exactly the same seat, even the control panel.
So for the nostalgic of the NEV4 seat, there will be still a way to fly in in several years from now
Paging Brunos
They've renamed it but kept the same acronym, from Nouveaux Espaces Voyages to Nouvelle Experience de Vol.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:37 pm

I'm looking into booking a trip for my parents' 50th anniversary in business from the US East Coast to Paris. I want to make sure they get the "new" lie flat seats and not the old angled ones. I take it from the above thread that JFK routes are considered safe for getting the better seats? How about IAD? I'm considering out of JFK and back into IAD, but can be flexible. Thanks for any insight!
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by rbw5t
I'm looking into booking a trip for my parents' 50th anniversary in business from the US East Coast to Paris. I want to make sure they get the "new" lie flat seats and not the old angled ones. I take it from the above thread that JFK routes are considered safe for getting the better seats? How about IAD? I'm considering out of JFK and back into IAD, but can be flexible. Thanks for any insight!
No destination is completely "safe". JFK has a lot of the old seats because of the A380. So, some flights to JFK have the BEST seats, not all. IAD has both A380 and B777 and the B777 flight has the BEST seat.
All B772 have the BEST seat, some B77W have it. You can see easily on AF website if your plane has the BEST seat as there is a little logo "Design+" and the seat map should be 1-2-1 config.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
No destination is completely "safe". JFK has a lot of the old seats because of the A380. So, some flights to JFK have the BEST seats, not all. IAD has both A380 and B777 and the B777 flight has the BEST seat.
All B772 have the BEST seat, some B77W have it. You can see easily on AF website if your plane has the BEST seat as there is a little logo "Design+" and the seat map should be 1-2-1 config.
Very helpful info -- thank you!
Old May 30, 2018, 5:25 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Hello, I'd like to share an opinion,

I found AF J to be very underwhelming despite flying the new (and for that matter, very improved from NEV4 seats) seats. I found the seat in particular was surprisingly tight compared to other reverse herringbone seats (e.g. on Cathay or Qatar).

The crew didn't come across as rude, nor were they actually friendly. I obviously don't come across as a Francophone, but was spoken to in French anyways. Granted, I speak a little French, but not enough to understand the more elaborate questions which led to a few rather interesting interactions, and was corrected whenever I pronounced something incorrectly. And even so, I was still spoken to in French when I spoke of something in English.

Additionally, I didn't quite have a great ground experience either. Being eligible for transit security SkyPriority, I was quickly brushed off given that I held a Singapore Airlines issued boarding pass (I checked-in in Jakarta, and so my boarding pass was issued by AF's SQ codeshare). I explained that this was for an Air France flight (of which the BP explicitly stated an AF code and said Business), but I was told 'no, this is a Singapore Airlines boarding pass'. I finally pulled out a mobile boarding pass on the AF app with SkyPriority written on it, and was finally let through.

Similarly, my friend also took the same product on the same route and felt very underwhelmed by the product offered by AF. It just makes it as if AF J isn't actively bad, but not even good either. Instead, I felt KLM was so much better in terms of inflight experience.

Last edited by clubeurope; Jun 1, 2018 at 4:18 am Reason: edited *see below*
Old May 30, 2018, 6:47 am

Programs: Some...
Originally Posted by clubeurope
Additionally, I didn't quite have a great ground experience either. Being eligible for transit security SkyPriority, I was quickly brushed off given that I held a Singapore Airlines issued boarding pass (I checked-in in Jakarta, and so my boarding pass was issued by AF's SQ codeshare). I explained that this was for an Air France flight (of which the BP explicitly stated an AF code and said Business), but I was told 'no, this is a Singapore Airlines boarding pass'. I finally pulled out a mobile boarding pass on the AF app with SkyPriority written on it, and was finally let through.
I'd be curious to know how many passengers are in your situation each day. If it's only a very few, I could understand that the staff is simply following the rule (AFAIK, it is "show a boarding pass with SkyPriority written on it").
Old May 31, 2018, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by thibderoc
I'd be curious to know how many passengers are in your situation each day. If it's only a very few, I could understand that the staff is simply following the rule (AFAIK, it is "show a boarding pass with SkyPriority written on it").
given the amount of non-SkyTeam partners that Air France has, I'd say enough for this to be an issue.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by clubeurope
I obviously don't look like a French person
You left your beret at home?

(But seriously - what does "obviously looking like a French person" mean? And does everyone look like an obvious nationality, or is it merely the French that are thus afflicted?)
Carel1 likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
You left your beret at home?

(But seriously - what does "obviously looking like a French person" mean? And does everyone look like an obvious nationality, or is it merely the French that are thus afflicted?)
My apologies for the misunderstanding, perhaps I should have said that I don't exactly come across to seem to be a Francophone given how I greeted the crew and introduced myself later on in English... and with my non-French passport lying on the side table for most of the boarding procedure and IFE language being English, I was surprised to still be addressed in French and even so when I replied in English.

However, "looking like" is definitely not the correct term, and thus I will take into consideration my wording decisions more carefully.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.