Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CDG-DUB planeside baggage check?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2017, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Amex Plat, Priority Pass, Hertz Gl, SPG Gold Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
CDG-DUB planeside baggage check?

I am travelling CDG-DUB RT on AF (though I figure its a regional carrier) the itinerary cites Avro RJ85 and Embraer 190 as the metal used; how restrictive are these planes for carry-on luggage?

I travel with an e-bags hardside spinner ( 22" x 14" x 9") which fits most but the smallest regional carriers in the US

I know the over wing racks on the Avro need to be avoided.

failing that, does AF do plane-side luggage check and return?

thanks
Old Oct 9, 2017, 7:57 am

There you go... https://www.cityjet.com/flying-with-...ation/baggage/
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Originally Posted by renault4
I am travelling CDG-DUB RT on AF (though I figure its a regional carrier) the itinerary cites Avro RJ85 and Embraer 190 as the metal used; how restrictive are these planes for carry-on luggage?

I travel with an e-bags hardside spinner ( 22" x 14" x 9") which fits most but the smallest regional carriers in the US

I know the over wing racks on the Avro need to be avoided.

failing that, does AF do plane-side luggage check and return?

thanks
Quite often they collect the bigger c/o luggage items (like yours) at the ramp, load them underneath and re-distribute upon arrival. Nothing to worry about.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Amex Plat, Priority Pass, Hertz Gl, SPG Gold Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Thanks for pointing me to CityJet guidelines

(glad I'm not traveling with a Wedding Cake! :-) )

This is actually part of a larger itinerary (TYS-ATL-AMS-CPH; CPH-CDG-DUB; DUB-CDG-ATL-TYS) and I am hoping to stick with the one carry-on and a business briefcase/backpack.

Plane-side check and retrieve is perfectly fine by me.

I am not averse to checking bags, but this time around, I plan to run in the Dublin Marathon on the 29th, so need to keep my stuff as close to me as possible!
Old Nov 4, 2017, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

To report: the Avro RJ did use both boarding from the tarmac and planeside luggage check and return; the Embraer 190 did not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.