Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France 380 Flight Cancellations

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2018, 2:16 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
I noticed that F-HPJE (the Goose Bay incident A380) started flying again as of 15th January.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:23 pm

Programs: DL Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Our flight was canceled today out of LAX, they said it was technical issues. Took forever to get put on the flight tomorrow, had to wait an hour just for agents to show up. Wish they would elaborate what these technical issues were.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
AF065 LAX-CDG has been cancelled three days in a row this week.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 7:53 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by nerdbirdsjc
Snow in Paris will do that
Old Feb 7, 2018, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by nerdbirdsjc
This is not correct. It was delayed (sometimes heavily) and renumbered several times this wek. This was due to the weather conditions in Paris.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Indeed I was booked on AF 65 a couple days ago and it cancelled. But in the app it showed me booked on AF 4xxx leaving 75 minutes later. Same seat assignment. AF explained that the inbound A380 was delayed out of Paris due to the snow. So they brought in a backup A380 and thus had to use a new flight number. I'm not sure where they got the backup A380. SFO maybe?

We made up a lot of time in the air and landed without a problem....and then sat on the tarmac for about an hour because we could not get a gate. The pilot seemed to be furious with ADP.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:29 pm

Booked on A380 flight 55 from IAD-CDG (August 17). The flight was cancelled/delayed 3 hours, and flight number was changed to 4081. Pilot said there were mechanical issues on the original A380 and that they needed to bring a new one in.

The swap occurred 12 hours prior to our flight, and after online check in. There were no changes to our assigned seats and to our purchased upgrades.

Last edited by Ezrp; Aug 18, 2018 at 11:37 pm
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Ezrp
The swap occurred 12 hours prior to our flight, and after online check in. There were no changes to our assigned seats and to our purchased upgrades.
Why would you have a change? This is not a cancellation. Your flight was delayed and renumbered
Old Aug 20, 2018, 12:50 am

Cancellation versus delay is important to consider in this context. The EU website suggests that a change in flight number plus a delay is a cancellation for EU 261 purposes. (Can’t post the links here on FT yet.)

In any event, I was very relieved the upgrade stuck as EU 261 could never provide sufficient compensation for being stuck in economy on a redeye next to my wife after I promised her business class seats.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:29 am

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
Originally Posted by Ezrp
Booked on A380 flight 55 from IAD-CDG (August 17). The flight was cancelled/delayed 3 hours, and flight number was changed to 4081. Pilot said there were mechanical issues on the original A380 and that they needed to bring a new one in.

I was on AF 54 on 19th July, CDG - IAD. It pulled off the runway just as it started its roll to have an indicator light fixed (?) trundled back round to take off, engines up, engines down, back to the terminal "to have the indicator light fixed". Only took 30 mins or so. The incoming return on the 7th Aug was late so we were late to leave, arrived CDG at 09 30 ish. The cabin crew were fantastic however.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:45 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Ultimate Platinum for Life/Club 2000, UA MileagePlus
I heard a private joke from one of the AF pilots. They nicknamed their A380s the A180s on account of the many times they had to turn around and return to their parking stand as a result of some random technical glitch 😁. AF pilots definitely have a sense of humor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.