Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complimentary Upgrade to La Premiere

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Mirk
I once managed to book on the phone an economy ticket and immediately get it modified without change fees for a business ticket (company policy as well). This was a nice gesture from the Platinum line agent.
I would imagine that might have to do with the fact that you can cancel within 24 hours, so he saved you some trouble, kudos to the plat line once again ^

Originally Posted by ijgordon
FWIW, some airlines (AA for sure, and I think UA) have policies to waive the change fee when up-faring a ticket to a higher class of service. It's short-sighted not to do so.
AF is not one of those, I suspect none of the major EU airlines are for that matter.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:58 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
FWIW, some airlines (AA for sure, and I think UA) have policies to waive the change fee when up-faring a ticket to a higher class of service. It's short-sighted not to do so.
Wouldnt that allow to change your restricted ticket into an unrestricted one, and then modifying it in a way that would not have been possible with the original ticket?

Eg, change a cheap economy ticket into a flexible business one, and then cancel - circumventing the restrictions in the original economy ticket?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Wouldnt that allow to change your restricted ticket into an unrestricted one, and then modifying it in a way that would not have been possible with the original ticket?

Eg, change a cheap economy ticket into a flexible business one, and then cancel - circumventing the restrictions in the original economy ticket?
No, it would not as the original restrictions would be transferred to the new ticket (i.e. you cannot transform a non-cancellable ticket into a cancellable one by 'upgrading' to a fully flex fare). This remains true whether or not pay a change fee is payable so it would be quite feasible to waive the fee in case of upgrade.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 7:55 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Ditto
I would imagine that might have to do with the fact that you can cancel within 24 hours, so he saved you some trouble, kudos to the plat line once again ^
The agent said he was doing a favour and that he wouldn't have done it for a Gold. Seems like the 24 hours rule doesn't apply for bookings made over the phone with the French Plat line. I've only seen it written on KLM's website for online bookings.

AF doesn't have such policy to waive the fees for upgrades since I remember asking for a quote to upgrade to the Z fare on an old booking and I was included the change fees.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
There is no 24hr cancellation rule whith POS France. However you have a free "option délai de réflexion" during 24hrs when booking with the AF apps, or costing 5€ when booking via the desktop website. But with this option, the ticket is not issued before payment is confirmed.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xandrios

Well you can change a cheap economy ticket into a flexible business class ticket, but the original nonrefundable amount of the cheap economy ticket will forever remain nonrefundable. But other than that, since you're paying up for a flexible ticket, you get that flexibility, minus the full refundability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.