Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France - In CDG how early can you check luggage?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2017, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Air France - In CDG how early can you check luggage?

CS reps were all confused because on the site it says you can check in the day before. I'm wondering the day of departure, how early can I check my luggage in CDG?

Thanks
Old Aug 9, 2017, 1:48 am

Its 3 hours for US flights as once I arrives 4 hours before like I did in the US and had to kill an hour at a coffee shop pre security. If you can print out your bag tag in color go to the self bag drop off and head through security and passport control.

For European flights its 2 hours.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 2:11 am

Programs: FB Plat
If CDG is still a mess to clear security, I would advise to reach Air France through Facebook or Twitter. The team is reactive, and they might accept luggages earlier this summer so to allow pax to clear security without delaying the flights.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:24 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
AF

Originally Posted by Zarmakuizz
If CDG is still a mess to clear security, I would advise to reach Air France through Facebook or Twitter. The team is reactive, and they might accept luggages earlier this summer so to allow pax to clear security without delaying the flights.
AF can pro-actively offer an early check in (the day before). At the same time, they offer a discount on 2nd checked luggage.

Offer was made by email a few weeks ago for a friend of mine flying to SIN/KUL.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
It used to be that they only had night-before checkin during busy periods - but it seems to now be available all year round, and for all destinations except TLV, and except for UMs, animals travelling in the hold, or luggage containing items that the pax wishes to claim tax back on on the day of departure.

http://www.airfrance.fr/FR/en/common...op-off-CDG.htm
Attached Images  
Old Aug 9, 2017, 4:45 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by danielonn
Its 3 hours for US flights as once I arrives 4 hours before like I did in the US and had to kill an hour at a coffee shop pre security. If you can print out your bag tag in color go to the self bag drop off and head through security and passport control.

For European flights its 2 hours.
Sorry but this is not the rule for CDG-US flights.

I cannot say if there is a maximum time, but I have checked my bags as early as 5 hours before my flight, and also the night before (as others pointed out).

A few years ago AF even allowed to drop your bags at Invalides the night before during peak vacation times, which worked really well for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.