Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

Traveling during the summer is really a pain, even for pax with status...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traveling during the summer is really a pain, even for pax with status...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Poor Goldorak. This must've been particularly unpleasant yesterday, as it was very warm in Marseille (31 degrees), just what one wants to spend more than one hour waiting. I was in Marseille as well, but took the train back. Three hours to Gare de Lyon, another 15 minutes to go home. There are situations where the train is just a superior experience (I don't know your start and end destination, so an efficient MRS-ORY might indeed be the quickest in your case - I am saying that in general)
Train stations aren't spared, I had one while I was transiting through Lyon not too long ago.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:54 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by Mirk
Train stations aren't spared, I had one while I was transiting through Lyon not too long ago.
Oh I know. And train stations can be chaotic, as happened recently when one of the main Paris train stations suffered a technical defect in one of its control centers. I was effected, and that time was happy to fly BOD-ORY instead of tempting fate by trying to take a train (although the value prop of Bordeaux-Paris in 2 hours is just fantastic).
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Not a joke. I am at 2F and we were evacuated because of 2 unattended bags, one at each end.
This is really becoming out of control
45 min....
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:43 am
HNS

Programs: Flying Blue, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Not a joke. I am at 2F and we were evacuated because of 2 unattended bags, one at each end.
This is really becoming out of control
45 min....
Does that only happen in the summer?

Going back to your initial post, I remember May 2016 we flew with our 16mo baby girl OTP - HND via CDG. When I bought the tickets, I didn't even look at the departure hours, I was excited about the price (842 EUR for all 3 of us). Anyway, the departure from CDG for the longhaul was at around midnight Romania time, when our baby should have been asleep. She did fell asleep in the airport but kept waking up during the boarding and take off because of noise and announcements. Anyway, we take off, lights are dimmed, and at one point she starts crying (yelling). There were another 4 babies in the cabin, sitting in various places, she woke up all 4 (or they woke each other up) and at one point it was like a concert. I swear, all the thoughts in the world crossed my mind, I was sweating, I felt bad for other passengers, especially for the ones with the babies but it seems nobody cared. They all calmed down in 30 minutes and the rest of the flight was uneventful.

On the way back (HND-CDG), because of a mechanical, they boarded us but kept us in the plane for 2 hours before take off (the flight was 13 hours) and I proactively apologized to the seat companions if my baby would start crying at one point. Not only she did not cry for the 15 hours she stayed crammed in that plane, but she was friendly, giggling and playing with my wife. I ended up standing for 7 hours of that flight so that they had enough room. Best part, we lost our connection and they refunded 800 EUR, so we flew to Japan for 42 EUR

Since then, after several other long haul flights it seems to me flying with babies/toddlers is easy. All they want is attention and as long as they have that, or we are doing our best to provide that everything should be fine.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:47 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
What actually happens to people in the Premiere lounge? Do they get evacuated as well or will they stay where they are, given that the lounge is sufficiently separated from the rest of the airport?

In which case that is probably the nicest place to sit out the period of evacuation, with a glass of Champagne or a massage.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
What actually happens to people in the Premiere lounge? Do they get evacuated as well or will they stay where they are, given that the lounge is sufficiently separated from the rest of the airport?

In which case that is probably the nicest place to sit out the period of evacuation, with a glass of Champagne or a massage.
no idea but I believe they don't evacuate airside. Indeed, the P lounge is the best place in CDG to be stuck.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:20 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat

What a question! The first-class passengers get evacuated by limosuine and yes, they can take the champagne with them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.