Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France - Safety

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: AZ Exec, FB PFL, OneWorld Sapphire, IHG Diamond, Accor Platinum, Avis/Hertz President
*facepalm*

U
Old Apr 24, 2017, 4:20 am

Programs: FB Gold - M&S Gold
Originally Posted by WorldLux

In the last three decades, they had 8 major incidents/accidents (3 in the 00s and 5 in the 90s). You can't really blame them for the Concorde accident. The Toronto crash landing IMO actually proves that the security rules worked: Nobody died. Only major F up in the 00s was AF447 that can be calked up to poor pilot training and technical problems.

Going back the the 90s now: 1 Freighter crash, 1 high-jacking, 1 aircraft encountering turbulences, 1 wet lease crashed, 1 crash landing with no casualties.

Overall I wouldn't describe the recent past of AF as troublesome when it comes to safety, just as I wouldn't refrain from booking KL (cf. Tenerife crash) or JL (cf. JL123).
AMEN to that.

And they can hardly be blamed for the high-jack as this one was due to bad airport security in Algiers.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:29 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by SilverSpy57
well I didnt book that trip. I am flying LAX CDG and CDG LAX non-stop each way on AF.
Enjoy your trip

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.