Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

[Confirmed]La Tribune announces AF/SQ code-share agreement for flights to Australia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Confirmed]La Tribune announces AF/SQ code-share agreement for flights to Australia

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2017, 1:51 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club

http://www.latribune.fr/entreprises-...ml#xtor=EPR-2-[morning-briefing]-20170413

According to La Tribune, AF and SQ have signed a code sharing agreement that involves:
- putting an AF code on SQ flights between SIN and Australian gateways, as well as on flights operated by Silk Air to Malaysia and Phuket
- putting an SQ code on AF flights between CDG and 5 European cities, as well as on 5 domestic flights out of CDG
Old Apr 13, 2017, 3:54 am

Programs: Many
It is confirmed by the AF Newsroom Twitter account.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 3:58 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by bodory
It is confirmed by the AF Newsroom Twitter account.
Thanks !
Old Apr 13, 2017, 4:35 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
I am not sure if it will be a big change, current AF fares to Australia usually authorize routing via SIN interlining with SQ. The problem with interline is that there are only a few booking classes that can be used, meaning that it is not always a matter of paying a bit more to have the desired connection, but if D and U are sold out in SQ, even an AF J or P fare will not be possible. Here, we can hope that when D and U are sold out, there is still some availability in some AF booking classes in business class operated by SQ to offer the route.

Unlike what the article mentions, it is already possible to fly to Australia on AF flight code via AUH, CAN and PVG, but not via ICN or HKG which allow only for interline routings.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
The article and the press release are not super clear regarding miles earning/burning... It would be weird not to earn FB miles on AF-coded flights operated by SQ!
Old Apr 13, 2017, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
But do they code-share on CDG-SIN ? I have the feeling that no.
For the SQ code-share AF-operating, the transfer of SQ pax from CDG1 to CDG2F will be a pain...
Old Apr 14, 2017, 1:05 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak
For the SQ code-share AF-operating, the transfer of SQ pax from CDG1 to CDG2F will be a pain...
From Paris Aéroport website:

You are arriving on an International flight:
→ Follow the arrows to gates 20 to 28
If you do not yet have your second boarding pass, go to the company connecting flights desk of your next flight
→ Take the green shuttle bus (Navette verte) to Terminal 2A
Frequency: from 5:00 am to 00:00 pm
→ From Terminal 2A, take the blue shuttle bus (Navette bleue) to Terminal 2E and get off at gate L
Frequency: from 5 am to 11:45 pm
→ Follow signs for «Terminal 2F»

You are arriving on a flight from the Schengen area of the European Union:
→ Follow signs for «Baggage-Exit»
Your flight connection will require that you pass through French territory: please ensure that you comply with French administrative requirements (visa, etc.).
→ Go through the Police border check and Customs
→ Follow signs for «CDGVAL»
→ Take the CDGVAL and get off at the stop for «Terminal 2»
Free service. Night stop 1:00 am to 4:00 am, shuttle service available outside stations. Information dedicated at the airport.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by olivedel

If you do not yet have your second boarding pass, go to the company connecting flights desk of your next flight
→ From Terminal 2A, take the blue shuttle bus (Navette bleue) to Terminal 2E and get off at gate L

Your flight connection will require that you pass through French territory: please ensure that you comply with French administrative requirements (visa, etc.).
Free service. Night stop 1:00 am to 4:00 am, shuttle service available outside stations. Information dedicated at the airport.
which is indeed a pain, I've done it several times!
Old Apr 14, 2017, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
which is indeed a pain, I've done it several times!
Right... And I am wondering which "Transfer desk" they are talking about at T1...
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
SQ stresses that it should be the prelude of further collaboration:
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/g.../jr0817-170413

SQ will get codeshares to: Aberdeen, Bordeaux, Edinburgh, Lisbon, Lyon, Madrid, Marseille, Newcastle, Nice and Toulouse.

As mentioned before, SQ was already the partner of choice for AF when flying to Australia or KUL. I don't know if anything will change in terms of pricing. For example, KUL was a sore point for French pax. AF and MH cancelled their nonstop flight at about the same time. The two options are too fly via AMS on KL or via SIN on AF (with the SIN-KUL on SQ). Unless pricing/availability changes, the only benefit will be that the KUL-SIN segment will allow to earn FB miles. Similarly SQ was already selling NCE via CDG with CDG-NCE on AF at the same price as via FRA or MUC (with LH or SQ codeshare on FRA-NCE)

As pointed above, the transfer from CDG1 to CDG2 will be dreadful for longhaul SQ pax. Frankly, if I were a SQ pax going to NCE, I would rather fly thru FRA or MUC.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by brunos
SQ stresses that it should be the prelude of further collaboration:
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/g.../jr0817-170413

SQ will get codeshares to: Aberdeen, Bordeaux, Edinburgh, Lisbon, Lyon, Madrid, Marseille, Newcastle, Nice and Toulouse.

As mentioned before, SQ was already the partner of choice for AF when flying to Australia or KUL. I don't know if anything will change in terms of pricing. For example, KUL was a sore point for French pax. AF and MH cancelled their nonstop flight at about the same time. The two options are too fly via AMS on KL or via SIN on AF (with the SIN-KUL on SQ). Unless pricing/availability changes, the only benefit will be that the KUL-SIN segment will allow to earn FB miles. Similarly SQ was already selling NCE via CDG with CDG-NCE on AF at the same price as via FRA or MUC (with LH or SQ codeshare on FRA-NCE)
I don't know how to interpret the following sentence from SQ communiqué
"The airlines will also explore the possibility for Singapore Airlines’ KrisFlyer and Air France-KLM’s Flying Blue members to earn and redeem miles when travelling on the codeshare flight segments."
I can understand that it's not possible to redeem miles yet on the code-share segment, but earn ?? That would be very bad.

Originally Posted by brunos
As pointed above, the transfer from CDG1 to CDG2 will be dreadful for longhaul SQ pax. Frankly, if I were a SQ pax going to NCE, I would rather fly thru FRA or MUC.
Agreed
Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by olivedel

Merci pour ce moment
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I don't know how to interpret the following sentence from SQ communiqué
"The airlines will also explore the possibility for Singapore Airlines’ KrisFlyer and Air France-KLM’s Flying Blue members to earn and redeem miles when travelling on the codeshare flight segments."
I can understand that it's not possible to redeem miles yet on the code-share segment, but earn ?? That would be very bad.
This is indeed worrying.
One might read it as suggesting that AF codeshares (on SQ metal) would not earn FB miles. Or that they will only earn level miles but not status miles.
But that would run against AF FB policy.

Also a bit surprising that this concerns only AF and not KL

Last edited by brunos; Apr 15, 2017 at 2:28 am
Old Apr 15, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: Many
I am wondering as well whether it will be possible to book AF coded flights SIN-Australia only without having to originate the trip on AF network.

For now I have not managed to buy KL coded / GA operated flights between DPS and Australia.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by bodory
I am wondering as well whether it will be possible to book AF coded flights SIN-Australia only without having to originate the trip on AF network.

For now I have not managed to buy KL coded / GA operated flights between DPS and Australia.
No. It's never possible to book such code-shares when not in connection with the "main flight". To give another example, you cannot book an AF-coded DL-operated US domestic flight if it's not in connection with an AF-coded transatlantic flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.