Wiki Posts
Search

AF strike on March 7th?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2017, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7¾³ © ™
AF strike on March 7th?

Is there likely to be a strike at AF on March 7th? I hope not because I will be travelling that day. I am surprised its not be mentioned here or maybe that's because its very unlikely to happen.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL, FB Platinum, Delta Nothing, HHonors Diamond, IAG Gold Ambassador, Ritz Silver, SPG Gold
Seeing this in the news as well. Any info from those in the know? I have a P sector on the 7th.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 2:51 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
http://www.leparisien.fr/economie/la...17-6714129.php
Old Feb 28, 2017, 3:58 pm

Programs: BA GGL, FB Platinum, Delta Nothing, HHonors Diamond, IAG Gold Ambassador, Ritz Silver, SPG Gold
My understanding of French labor being not terribly sophisticated, does this mean there WILL be a strike on the 7th, or that one is simply being suggested?
Old Feb 28, 2017, 8:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, National Executive, SPG Gold, Global Entry, NEXUS
I'm in P flying the night of the 6th, landing the 7th, and then connecting on via KLM. What am I in for?
Old Feb 28, 2017, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alee0729
I'm in P flying the night of the 6th, landing the 7th, and then connecting on via KLM. What am I in for?
You will be pampered and should thoroughly enjoy P then come back down to earth and join me in J*

*Unless I've got a Flybe

But seriously, I'm sure somebody will be along soon to tell us its just the union trying to spoil our day but it will not be happening
Old Feb 28, 2017, 9:24 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
This is like a broken record, seriously.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sjondorn
This is like a broken record, seriously.
Thanks for that, it was seriously helpful, you put my mind at ease and we can all move along now
Old Mar 1, 2017, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Oops..never mind. sorry!
Old Mar 1, 2017, 6:05 am

Spoke to the P desk.

They said the strike is possible but unconfirmed, and unlikely to affect longhaul in any case.

Final confirmation or cancellation of the strike is legally required by the 5th.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 12:56 am

Programs: FB Plat
Fyi, there is also an ATC strike planned that week (ATC centers in W/SW of France from 6/03 to 10/03 and SE of France from 7/03 to 9/03). As usual, possible cancellations required by the French DGAC but probably mainly on short/medium-haul.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Travel waiver now posted for short and medium haul destination to the south and west, due to ATC strike. All long haul expected to operate.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Porcepic
Fyi, there is also an ATC strike planned that week (ATC centers in W/SW of France from 6/03 to 10/03 and SE of France from 7/03 to 9/03). As usual, possible cancellations required by the French DGAC but probably mainly on short/medium-haul.
The French DGAC asked airlines to cancel 25% to 33% of flights over South and West of France 6-10 March. Easyjet already cancelled 38 flights for Monday 6 March. AF published its usually-optimistic forecast. Traffic over France will also be affected as flights will have to be rerouted north. Delays and cancellations have to be expected on many airlines.

Furthermore, three important unions (CGT, FO et SUD) of ground personnel are striking 7 march, as well as a minority pilot union (Alter).
Old Mar 4, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
In other words, flights from/to Paris to - to take a completely random example, just to name one country that I can think of - Zurich would not be impacted by this, right? But flights from Toulouse to Geneva would be?
Old Mar 4, 2017, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
In other words, flights from/to Paris to - to take a completely random example, just to name one country that I can think of - Zurich would not be impacted by this, right? But flights from Toulouse to Geneva would be?
It all depends on how you define "impact".
Besides the possible strike by ground personnel, the air space in South and West France will have much fewer flight paths. That means that many flights usually going over that air space (including longhauls) will have to take another path. That will crowd the North and East region and could cause delays to CDG-ZUR flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.