Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WX ends ORY-LCY

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2017, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Nico40
Indeed, KL has chosen to replace WX on LCY-AMS. I'm surprised AF doesn't do so. Finding an available A5 E170/190 at ORY doesn't seem difficult and the yield is far from bad on this route..
I must say I'm not surprised that AF have not taken over ORY-LCY but I'm surprised they haven't introduced a couple of CDG-LCY.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I must say I'm not surprised that AF have not taken over ORY-LCY but I'm surprised they haven't introduced a couple of CDG-LCY.
I would not be surprised to see an announcement soon. Maybe a code-share with BE (BE-operating) ?
Old Feb 12, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Indeed, it all depends where you are starting from and where you go. If you go from downtown Paris to downtown London, yes Eurostar is no brainer. If you go to Canary Wharf, then LCY is unbeatable. But I have to say that, unfortunately, the customer experience at LCY has become extremely poor (warehouse-style boarding area in poor condition, super-crowded, no lounge, etc)
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Unfortunately you are oh so right... At busy hours it feels like a refugee camp with an adjacent landing strip. Already space is very restricted, but to make matters worse they squeeze in useless shops (although they probably aren't that "useless" otherwise they wouldn't be there, I just would prefer more civilized sitting or restaurant space rather than a MontBlanc shop or Boss shirts).
Very true. But you could get your shoes polished for free around 17:00. So British!
Old Feb 12, 2017, 10:54 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by bodory
Very true. But you could get your shoes polished for free around 17:00. So British!
Can you still? I know this was a perk that AF offered in the past, where you got a voucher when you were flying in J, and also for status pax if I remember correctly.

Looking at what people around me at the airport I can see five categories:
  • 50% for whom it's irrelevant, they wear "athletic footwear"
  • 40% whose shoes would indeed need a shoe shine (and their suits and shirts some dry cleaning/laundry)
  • 5% whose priority should be to take a shower before worrying about a shoe shine
  • 3% whose tatoo need a refresher {this is England}
  • 2% whose shoes did get a shoe shine recently enough

but still true
Old Feb 12, 2017, 11:52 pm

Programs: Many
Can you still? I know this was a perk that AF offered in the past, where you got a voucher when you were flying in J, and also for status pax if I remember correctly.

Looking at what people around me at the airport I can see five categories:
  • 50% for whom it's irrelevant, they wear "athletic footwear"
  • 40% whose shoes would indeed need a shoe shine (and their suits and shirts some dry cleaning/laundry)
  • 5% whose priority should be to take a shower before worrying about a shoe shine
  • 2% whose shoes did get a shoe shine recently enough

but still true
Mmh, these are undoubtedly exhaustive but are they mutually exclusive?

PS: no idea if you still can.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by bodory
Mmh, these are undoubtedly exhaustive but are they mutually exclusive?

Of course not!
Old Feb 13, 2017, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think that there must be a zero missing, at least in the less than 50 age group.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by NickB
I think that there must be a zero missing, at least in the less than 50 age group.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Are faded tattoos that common among under 50s?
Old Feb 13, 2017, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I don't want to go OT, but I can only assume that you mostly fly band 1/2 rather than band 3/4. The food is more repetitive than the previous free band 3 and certainly doesn't look better, and it is much worse than band 4.

Also on fares, unfortunately, LHR-NCE on BA are significantly more expensive now than they were before BA introduced HBO, then BoB. The flights are also so packed that the free same day change with Plus fares is pretty much useless. My last three plus fares saw either no flight I could change to or only the late evening one which is useless to me (out of 4-7 daily LHR-NCE depending on season) and I have now stopped buying them on that route since they changed the change fee for advanced change from 0+ fare difference to €80/£60+fare difference.
Indeed, my only BA Europe flights have been a fairly frequent ORY/CDG-LHR pre and post BoB, and some recent LHR-TLS pre-BoB. And I have not yet flown enough (probably will never) to find the BoB food repetitive, and it was only introduced a month ago. Let me add, that I also prefer the food I buy on Easyjet, than the Y food served by AF on its short European destinations.

Of course, price depends on demand. As flights to NCE becomes fuller and fuller over time, it is not surprising to see that BA flights to NCE are more expensive than years ago, even after HBO and BoB.
I cannot generalize (and I don't think that anyone has a significant exhaustive price comparison pre and post BoB). But the fare I paid of EUR101 is very low (that was for a same-day return), and I can still see a lot of days available for 90 basic and 24 more for Plus. I had never seen such low fares available. Competition dictates and AF is not far on prices.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by brunos
Indeed, my only BA Europe flights have been a fairly frequent ORY/CDG-LHR pre and post BoB, and some recent LHR-TLS pre-BoB. And I have not yet flown enough (probably will never) to find the BoB food repetitive, and it was only introduced a month ago.
Spare a thought for those of us on those flights every week! mostly band 3 ad 4 here when in Europe. And yes food could already be repetitive before but much more varied over time than it would be now although for full disclosure I refuse to pay a penny on BA BoB.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Spare a thought for those of us on those flights every week! mostly band 3 ad 4 here when in Europe. And yes food could already be repetitive before but much more varied over time than it would be now although for full disclosure I refuse to pay a penny on BA BoB.
As a regular band 3 flyer (although not as frequent as you) and fellow BA-BoB refusenik, I entirely agree.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by NickB
As a regular band 3 flyer (although not as frequent as you) and fellow BA-BoB refusenik, I entirely agree.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
WX is axing the ORY-LCY route at the end of march. So it means of course the end of the AF code-share. I don't know if AF has intentions to replace WX by A5 ?
I discovered that BE is flying once a day CDG-LCY, but AF is not code-sharing on this flight and one daily flight is totally useless on such a route.

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...in-march-2017/
If I lived in Chalon Sur Saone, Nevers, Velizy, Antony or Orleans I would drive to ORY and then fly to LHR/LGW vs the Eurostar which would mean driving to Gar Du Nord and finding parking for my car or parking near Orly and taking the RER to Gar Du Nord or the TGV train and connect via Taxi.

I would much rather drive from South of Orly and park my car and fly. Especially if I were going to a destination closer to LCY or to the north of England.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Slightly OT, but the attrition continues for WX. Now they axe NTE-LCY. I wonder to whom all those LCY slots will go.
http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...in-march-2017/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.