Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France & FlyDubai cooperation

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2017, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meli silver.
Air France & FlyDubai cooperation

I thought that AF had an agreement with EY in the Gulf.

Maybe they do, but not only....

I was looking at AMS/BKK flights in biz this summer and apart from the obvious direct flight, was offered a surprising AMS/CDG/DXB/BKK.

DXB/BKK is with FlyDubai on a 737-800 , at the very competitive @:-) price of ...... 1815 for the way out portion!

As if this price was not funny enough in itself, the return journey with the same airlines ( 1805) generates a message that the trip includes an overnight in Dubai which cost must be borne by the passenger.

I thought I'd share this with you all.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by carnarvon
I thought that AF had an agreement with EY in the Gulf.
They do. But I am not aware of AF or KL selling seats on Etihad except under their negotiated codeshares, which are rather limited and do not include BKK.

That said, the "cooperation" you note here between AF and FZ appears to be nothing more than selling seats under the FZ code and at an elevated price.

I agree that it is a rather strange routing and you would have to wonder what sane person would forego a direct flight, available for les than half the price, to put up with a routing involving 3 flights and potentially lenghty, overnight layovers for twice the price.

I'm not sure that amounts to much "cooperation" - but it is strange to see such an itinerary proposed...
Old Feb 5, 2017, 11:21 pm

Programs: FB Gold - M&S Gold
FWIW, Flydubai J is decent (but of course not at that price) but unless you don't have any option available, I would really try to avoid connecting at DXB with them: if your luggage is not checked all the way through, you would have to collect it, go through customs, exit the airport and take a cab to get to Terminal 2.

On top of that, Terminal 2 is a real zoo (with the smell included). As Irishguy said, I don't know who in its right mind would go for these.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.