Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF business class, operated by Hop! and Cityjet

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

AF business class, operated by Hop! and Cityjet

I booked European flights with Air France flight in business, assuming it would be the standard European Jcl product (which would have been decent for the price I paid).

I since learned that all flights are operated by Hop! and Cityjet. From looking at their websites, it doesn't appear to be much of a Jcl product/service on these airlines (not even a lounge in Nantes!). Feeling a bit robbed and considering changing flights to fly on normal AF aircraft.

Anyone who's got some recent experience they can share?

Thanks
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:59 pm

The normal AF aircraft -as you put it- is unlikely to give you a better experience when it comes to business class product on such short flights, I'm afraid. That aside, I was on a number of CDG-FRA-CDG flights (operated by HOP!, E90 aircraft) in their so-called business class quite recently and, frankly, had my employer not paid for it, I would have been more than happy to be relegated to a seat further down the aisle. While I was lucky enough to get the empty seat next to me most of the times, the rest was entirely not worth it, including the bread roll and the cold meats platter served as meal.

G
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Sounds like a budget version of business, although I only half of a traditional business class ticket on the same route so if separate and quieter cabin + double air miles maybe not such a bad deal after all...
Thanks for your response.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 2:06 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
How is J seating on AF flights operated by regional aircraft in a 2-2 configuration? I guess that as long as the flight is not full they will squeeze Y as much as possible to give all J pax an empty adjacent seat, but what if the flight is full? would they seat 2 J pax next to each other because "the middle seat is empty since it does not exist" or would they always keep the adjacent seat empty regardless of (over)booking situation, à la LH?
Old Nov 23, 2016, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by ranskis
How is J seating on AF flights operated by regional aircraft in a 2-2 configuration? I guess that as long as the flight is not full they will squeeze Y as much as possible to give all J pax an empty adjacent seat, but what if the flight is full? would they seat 2 J pax next to each other because "the middle seat is empty since it does not exist" or would they always keep the adjacent seat empty regardless of (over)booking situation, à la LH?
While I'm not entirely sure about the operational criteria defining C seating in 2-2 configuration aircraft, I can however say (by direct experience) that the seat next to me was not left empty on all occasions. In fact, I remember a FRA-CDG where the C cabin was packed to the brim.

G
Old Nov 23, 2016, 7:11 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
While I'm not entirely sure about the operational criteria defining C seating in 2-2 configuration aircraft, I can however say (by direct experience) that the seat next to me was not left empty on all occasions. In fact, I remember a FRA-CDG where the C cabin was packed to the brim.G
Thanks! an excellent reason to avoid these aircrafts in C then. That's pretty stingy from them, selling "more personal space" and taking this personal space back when it suits them, without refund or compensation of course.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 2:26 pm

Hello,

If I remember well, the seat pitch in the first rows of Hop Embraers and CRJs is much better than the rest of the plane.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by ranskis
I just flew CDG-FRA on Hop! business, and indeed, all the business cabin was 2-2 seating, with no empty seats. I was quick shocked (my first time flying regional AF business). Given that on LH, they block the adjacent seats on the CRJ900 and other regional variant aircraft. I was not impressed. (Long-haul on AF 77W was a different matter)
Old Dec 19, 2016, 1:19 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Even booked in J, there is no business seats from ORY or AMS to LCY on Avro RJ45, all operated by CityJet (WX).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.