Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

Issue with AF customer service after cancelled flight - any advice ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2016, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Hello,

Late August I was supposed to fly from JFK to CDG with my wife, unfortunately after a long wait at the airport, the flight was cancelled (technical reasons, apparently). Not giving all the details here but it was a bad experience overall, this delay had consequences for us, but I understand this can happen. We took a flight 24 hours later, everything wasn't perfect either (lost luggage...)

A few days later, we wrote to Air France about our experience. The situation was quite simple, we thought. We expected they would just apply EU rule 261/2004 and we would get some compensation (600EUR per ticket, according to the text).

Three weeks later, we received an email saying that our compensation would be a 150EUR voucher... obviously not satisfying. So we wrote back, by email, by regular mail, we tried to call but received no useful assistance, and it has been six weeks...

So we have a few questions for experienced travellers such as the readers of this great messageboard: is this kind of delay normal when dealing with Air France customer service? Is there something we can do to speed up the process? And finally, are they used to providing this kind of compensation in case of a cancelled flight, even if this is clearly against the law that they say on their website they will apply?
Old Oct 29, 2016, 6:00 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
Send them a message on their Facebook account, this is the best way to have a reaction (ask them why they did not respect the law, with some details, but not to much).
Old Oct 30, 2016, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'd start here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...thread-af.html
And then there are a number of other threads on this subject in this forum if you search for "261" (with quotes) in the thread title.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.