Search

Connection time CDG between 2E and 2F

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2016, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: sans status now :(
Connection time CDG between 2E and 2F

Hi---

Maybe a stupid question but connecting on a Delta flight from US to an Air France to Athens. Layover is 1hour 15min and Delta booked it on a single ticket as a legal layover.

But...means transiting from 2E to 2F and going through security.

Is this insane? Any tricks? Will CDG move you up in security line if your flight is about to leave?

Also---does Delta/Air France need to book us on next flight out? Can they book on another aircraft (other than AF?)

Any help welcome, thanks!
Old Jul 13, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Accor Gold
I think there's a main thread about connection in CDG:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...rport-faq.html

75 minutes 2E to 2F is totally feasible. Especially with DL silver, I think you can try to use the priority passport control line.

It will depend on which 2E you eventually arrive, because there are 3 buildings in 2E, K, L&M; the only thing in common will be you just follow the sign, "correspondance 2F" and you will be there.

BTW, there's no "fast move up" for you if you don't speak French, you can try to explain to the staff, but remember, some other pax can have even tighter connection than you do.

Last but not least, if you missed you CDG-ATH, you want to change to other company, A3 most probably, AF can do this. But you have to be aware that: you will need to pick up your checked bags in 2F (which takes an hour since your bag is in the back waiting for CDG-ATH), clear custom, then walk from 2F to the T2 station, go to T1 by taking the CDGVAL, then check-in with A3. To be honest, that's not funny at all, since once AF transferred you to A3, any delay that makes up during your bags and your inter-terminal problems, nobody will be responsible for it.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: sans status now :(
Thanks! Good advice.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 3:35 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by tbaiyun
75 minutes 2E to 2F is totally feasible. Especially with DL silver, I think you can try to use the priority passport control line.
DL Silver will not get OP through the SkyPriority line. But an old BP with the SkyPriority logo will

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.