Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CDG connection flight

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2016, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

CDG connection flight

Hi my first post here as a new member. I have a connecting flight from Paris Charles de Gualle airport (CDG) terminal 2F to Guangzhou (CAN) at terminal 2E.
Flight CZ7460 arriving at 22:10 at terminal 2F
Flight CZ784 departing at 23:20 at terminal 2E but not sure which hall
I want to know whether or not I have enough time to go through security checks and all and how to get from terminal 2F to 2E. Do I take a shuttle bus? If so, what shuttle do I need to take?
I would appreciate your help, thanks
Old Jul 1, 2016, 7:27 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk, GoldenMaknae. I am moving your thread to the Paris, France Forum where you will lots of good information re: CDG.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jul 1, 2016, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by GoldenMaknae
Hi my first post here as a new member. I have a connecting flight from Paris Charles de Gualle airport (CDG) terminal 2F to Guangzhou (CAN) at terminal 2E.
I want to know whether or not I have enough time to go through security checks and all and how to get from terminal 2F to 2E. Do I take a shuttle bus? If so, what shuttle do I need to take? I would appreciate your help, thanks
http://easycdg.com/passenger-informa...o-terminal-2e/
Old Jul 2, 2016, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by GoldenMaknae
I want to know whether or not I have enough time to go through security checks and all and how to get from terminal 2F to 2E. Do I take a shuttle bus? If so, what shuttle do I need to take?
I would appreciate your help, thanks
Of course you have enough time, otherwise they would not sell this connection
To get from 2F to 2E, just follow the signs to your concourse in 2E (it will be K or L gates, as M is closed at that time). No shuttle to take. From 2F to 2E L or K it will be walking only.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 5:37 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Which isn't clear. Did he buy it as one or not?
Old Jul 2, 2016, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
The OP is starting in Manchester, the first flight is a codeshare operated by Air France.

So the assumption is one ticket - OP can you please confirm?
Old Jul 2, 2016, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by WorldLux
Which isn't clear. Did he buy it as one or not?
Easy to guess even if not precised : as the European flight from 2F (AF-operated) is booked under CZ code, it is obviously on one ticket. Otherwise you cannot book it under CZ code.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 1:45 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Touché.

(But one can never be so sure with the multiple OPs asking about connections after booking on two or more tickets...)
Old Jul 3, 2016, 3:19 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
As the issue raised relates to a transfer with in AF's hub at CDG, it has been moved from the France forum to the Air France forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
France forum moderator
Old Jul 3, 2016, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
The OP is starting in Manchester, the first flight is a codeshare operated by Air France.

So the assumption is one ticket - OP can you please confirm?
Yes it's one ticket. I bought a ticket from Manchester to Guangzhou with the connection flight in Paris
Old Jul 3, 2016, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Unless that is changing in the future, both flights are operated by AF. That is safer for luggage transfer.
The incoming MAN flight might be a bit late as this is an evening flight and the ac might have accumulated delays. But you should be safe as AF might delay a bit departure of its CAN flight. In theory, no immigration or security at CDG (things could have changed).
Old Jul 4, 2016, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by brunos
The incoming MAN flight might be a bit late as this is an evening flight and the ac might have accumulated delays. But you should be safe as AF might delay a bit departure of its CAN flight.
And for this last transfer bank of the day, they will not hesitate to send "voltigeurs" at the arrival of the MAN flight to expedite the transfers (personal exp no later than yesterday evening for the same hub bank).
Old Jul 5, 2016, 6:55 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak
To get from 2F to 2E, just follow the signs to your concourse in 2E (it will be K or L gates, as M is closed at that time). No shuttle to take. From 2F to 2E L or K it will be walking only.
Hi Goldorak,

Wandering a tad off here but staying in the terminal transfer topic...

Been a while since last and tbh I have forgotten how to transfer through CDG so question for you (and other savvy CDG passthrough's): 2F -> 2D? Walking with no shuttle and/or additional security check? Doable? In J so fast track at 2D?

I remember the 2D lounge as being extremely dull and have an onward AY J on AF stock ticket and isn't there something about the lounge being outside the closed of security area?
Old Jul 5, 2016, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Cupart
Hi Goldorak,

Wandering a tad off here but staying in the terminal transfer topic...

Been a while since last and tbh I have forgotten how to transfer through CDG so question for you (and other savvy CDG passthrough's): 2F -> 2D? Walking with no shuttle and/or additional security check? Doable? In J so fast track at 2D?

I remember the 2D lounge as being extremely dull and have an onward AY J on AF stock ticket and isn't there something about the lounge being outside the closed of security area?
He He welcome back on the AF forum So you are getting older and loose memory ?
The easiest way to do 2F --> 2D will be walking landside, so it will involve extra security screening, but it should be no big deal if you fly J. I haven't been to 2D for ages, but we had some reports here that the lounge in 2D (not anymore AF-operated) is now accessible airside only. So an improvement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.