Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CDG layover - can i move around 2E - 2D - 2C airside ?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2016, 11:40 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SPG P50, Hyatt D, Hilton D, AA P, Marriot G, Hz-PC, National EC
Question CDG layover - can i move around 2E - 2D - 2C airside ?

Hi,

My parents don't have a schengen visa - they will be connecting at CDG 2E AirFrance (DEL - CDG - BOS) and have a 6 hour layover. Can they -

1. access any lounge at terminal 2E by paying admission fees ? They are flying premium economy and i don't think AF allows that in its 2E lounges even if one is willing to pay.

2. alternatively, can they walk around within terminal 2 airside ? There is a paid/ priority club lounge (sheltair) in terminal 2E airside. Since they don't have schengen visa, they won't be able to go landside.

thanks,
Old Jun 17, 2016, 12:49 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by 1389
My parents don't have a schengen visa - they will be connecting at CDG 2E AirFrance (DEL - CDG - BOS) and have a 6 hour layover. Can they -

1. access any lounge at terminal 2E by paying admission fees ? They are flying premium economy and i don't think AF allows that in its 2E lounges even if one is willing to pay.(...)
Your parents will arrive in 2E.

They will look at the board and check where their CDG BOS flight departs from (2E pier K, L or M).

They will follow the signs to the pier they will depart from and reach the departure area with shops.

There will be an Air France lounge they can access by paying a € 35 fee (if there is space).
Old Jun 17, 2016, 1:24 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Question

Originally Posted by carnarvon
Your parents will arrive in 2E.

There will be an Air France lounge they can access by paying a € 35 fee (if there is space).
Thanks,
And is it possible/ permitted to walk to 2D from 2E and back without going landslide ?

Just in case the AF lounge doesn't have space availability for Econ, sheltair in 2D will be available. And AF lounge might be charging for every 3 hours whereas sheltair is free through priority pass.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 2:28 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Thanks, And is it possible/ permitted to walk to 2D from 2E and back without going landslide ? (...).
In CDG, you are restricted to your area of departure.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 6:23 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Accor Gold
The lounges in 2E are sometimes pretty crowded that won't allow any pax to pay in.

Generally, they will need to go the "salon" that their flight CDG-BOS departure and ask if they are allowed to pay to get in(with credit card only).

The rush hour for 2E are generally between 10am to 2pm where most flights to North America and Middle East depart then 6pm to 10pm where more flights to Asia, South Africa depart.

Since I believe DEL-CDG should arrive early in the morning, they should have no problem paying in.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 3:08 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tbaiyun
The lounges in 2E are sometimes pretty crowded that won't allow any pax to pay in.

Generally, they will need to go the "salon" that their flight CDG-BOS departure and ask if they are allowed to pay to get in(with credit card only).

The rush hour for 2E are generally between 10am to 2pm where most flights to North America and Middle East depart then 6pm to 10pm where more flights to Asia, South Africa depart.

Since I believe DEL-CDG should arrive early in the morning, they should have no problem paying in.
Thanks. I heard that lounges charge by a three hour duration. So they might have to pay twice for a six hour stay. Is that correct ?
Old Jun 23, 2016, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thanks. I heard that lounges charge by a three hour duration. So they might have to pay twice for a six hour stay. Is that correct ?
In theory yes, but I have never seen this enforced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.