Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weighing carry-on baggage at CDG

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
It looks to me as if some people were on a power trip...
Old Feb 19, 2017, 12:54 pm
pxm

Originally Posted by NickB
Ah,... the zeal of the zouaves... quel sens de l'allitération, Dear Orbitmic... Perhaps we can build on that: Les zouaves zélés et autres zozos, zèbres et zigotos sèment la zizanie parmi les passagers néozélandais et zambiens se rendant à Zanzibar ou Ouarzazate avec trop de valises?
NickB, You get my early vote for le post de l'annee! Can't stop laughing!
Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by pxm
NickB, You get my early vote for le post de l'annee! Can't stop laughing!
+1. Et tout ca dit sans zozoter...
Old Apr 9, 2017, 3:33 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Could those zouaves not invest their zeal somewhere more useful?
I agree. My carry-on and I had travelled for three weeks and been carried on to all sorts of aircraft. The agents at 2E (?) behaved like a couple of traffic wardens. As I was flying to Nantes, I had no choice other than Air France. Since this never happened when flying AA to DFW from 2A a couple of weeks earlier, I assume that this is Air France driven.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I agree. My carry-on and I had travelled for three weeks and been carried on to all sorts of aircraft. The agents at 2E (?) behaved like a couple of traffic wardens. As I was flying to Nantes, I had no choice other than Air France. Since this never happened when flying AA to DFW from 2A a couple of weeks earlier, I assume that this is Air France driven.
When this happened to me I had a brief discussion with the AF people (who checked my carry-on...for an Alitalia flight) and they put the blame on the airport. Quite odd that the airport only enforces this at the AF gates!
Old Apr 9, 2017, 11:40 pm

It appears that the maximum weight for hand baggage varies by cabin - see this page: https://www.airfrance.us/US/en/local...hod=jspProcess

Checking CDG to SFO you get 12 kg in economy, and 18 kg in Premium Economy and up.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 10:23 am

When I used to fly from AMS a few times a year to the US, I noticed that KLM had an employee with a scale and sizer checking hand baggage at the passport control behind the KLM check-in counters. I avoided them by walking to the other departure area in the other building and going through passport control there, where there was no KLM employee stationed.

I don't know enough about the CDG layout - but, is there some way of going through passport control in a different terminal, avoiding the baggage police, and making one's way back to the Air France gates?
Old Apr 10, 2017, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
I don't know enough about the CDG layout - but, is there some way of going through passport control in a different terminal, avoiding the baggage police, and making one's way back to the Air France gates?
You can access 2E-K/L/M by passing through security in 2F and turning right for L/M or going downstairs to take the corridor to K, but I believe you won't be authorized to go through security in 2F (I might be wrong as I never tried - I wonder if any crazy FTers of this forum has already tried that ).
Old Apr 10, 2017, 3:48 pm

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
You can access 2E-K/L/M by passing through security in 2F and turning right for L/M or going downstairs to take the corridor to K, but I believe you won't be authorized to go through security in 2F (I might be wrong as I never tried - I wonder if any crazy FTers of this forum has already tried that ).
When checking into an international flight in 2F you automatically use 2F security and pass then towards the L gates. I don't know however if there is a control if your destination checks in from F or E but I doubt there is.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 3:51 pm

Totally unfamiliar with CDG - but when I was there, the bag sizing and weighing was taking place before passport control, not security.

Originally Posted by MarLim
When checking into an international flight in 2F you automatically use 2F security and pass then towards the L gates. I don't know however if there is a control if your destination checks in from F or E but I doubt there is.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by MarLim
I know but that's what I was wondering about a potential distinction between LH flights with 2F check-in vs the ones with 2E check-in when they scan your BP at security.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
trust those insolent idiots to give you a bad impression! and I'm absolutely certain this is af driven and not adp. As you rightly point out some other airlines have no weight restriction tospeak of.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 7:51 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I know but that's what I was wondering about a potential distinction between LH flights with 2F check-in vs the ones with 2E check-in when they scan your BP at security.
I tried to be smarter than the system and went to 2F security when saw how long the SkyPriority line was at 2E. Was sent back to 2E
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by SDQBound
I tried to be smarter than the system and went to 2F security when saw how long the SkyPriority line was at 2E. Was sent back to 2E
Thank you to have reported that. That's what I was indeed fearing...
It's really stupid, because only an extremely low number of people would do that (only a few crazy FTers who spend half of their lives at CDG and know it as well as their own house ).
Old Apr 11, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Knock wood, my only experience with being weighed by AF actually took place at VCE (years ago - 2011 I think) My husband had a little too much photography equipment in his backpack....Started trying to reorganize things at the ticket counter and the computers went down, the agent became very harried and hurried us off without making us remove more items....Thank goodness. Have never had it happen at CDG but (due to this thread) I'm always paranoid it will.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.