Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OLCI for my entire itinerary 30 hours prior?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2015, 11:34 am
Original Poster

OLCI for my entire itinerary 30 hours prior?

I'll be flying to CDG, connecting in LA. The AF site says that OLCI starts 30 hours prior, so when I check in for my first flight will I be able to check in (and check additional seat availability) for the flight to CDG as well (since it will be outside the 30 hour window)?

I want to check in as soon as permitted to have the best chance at switching seats. Our family wasn't able to book seats together

Thanks for any advice
Old Sep 18, 2015, 12:11 pm

Programs: Delta PLT, IHG Ambassador Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BWR Diamond
Yes, the 30 hour OLCI is according to the first segment time of departure.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Thanks very much
Old Sep 18, 2015, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

When I phoned AF regarding another matter today, I was told that because my originating flight is on DL, check-in would be 24 hours prior, not 30.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by SPort
When I phoned AF regarding another matter today, I was told that because my originating flight is on DL, check-in would be 24 hours prior, not 30.
Correct.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SPort
It doesn't have to deal with it being DL, but that the flight is departing the US (including it's territories). US regulations limit check-in to 24 hours before departure of the first flight. Connections can be outside the 24 hour limit as long as on the same ticket. Even if your first flight was operated by AF you couldn't check-in till 24 hours before.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerCO
It doesn't have to deal with it being DL, but that the flight is departing the US (including it's territories). US regulations limit check-in to 24 hours before departure of the first flight. Connections can be outside the 24 hour limit as long as on the same ticket. Even if your first flight was operated by AF you couldn't check-in till 24 hours before.
Yes, and DL is also applying this 24hrs limit system-wide. If you take a DL flight from CDG, you can check-in only 24hrs before.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 2:37 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Yes, and DL is also applying this 24hrs limit system-wide. If you take a DL flight from CDG, you can check-in only 24hrs before.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the past, you could check-in 30 hours in advance for AF flights departing from the US from locations where DL doesn't manage their flight departure system, so only flightds departing from ATL, DTW and MSP were subject to the 24-hour rule.

Has this recently change? If it did, it will be good to suggest AF to update the info in their website, as it still mentions the 24-hour limit for these 3 locations and not for all flights departing from the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.