Wiki Posts
Search

Air France HOP

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2015, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Air France HOP

Will be flying on HOP from TLS-CDG with one 70# bag. I can't seem to find the charges for checked baggage weighing over 50# (23kg) when flying on HOP. Are they the same as for regular Air France flights - e.g. EUR75 ?
Old Jun 24, 2015, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Several comments here :
- TLS-CDG is not HOP but AF mainline, but I believe the prices for excess baggage are the same
- as we are talking about a domestic flight, I think it should be 5€/kg above 23kg
- the most important : you should limit to 32 kg for a single piece of baggage. 32kg is the maximum they allow for checked bags. Above this, it is considered as freight. I can't tell you how strict they could be for that, but be prepared for it

So, in other words, you'd rather have two 18kg bags than one 35kg. And it will not cost you more.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Several comments here :
- TLS-CDG is not HOP but AF mainline, but I believe the prices for excess baggage are the same
- as we are talking about a domestic flight, I think it should be 5€/kg above 23kg
- the most important : you should limit to 32 kg for a single piece of baggage. 32kg is the maximum they allow for checked bags. Above this, it is considered as freight. I can't tell you how strict they could be for that, but be prepared for it

So, in other words, you'd rather have two 18kg bags than one 35kg. And it will not cost you more.
Yeah it's a limitation for the sake of the luggage handlers

32 kg is the maximum that will be permitted
Old Jun 25, 2015, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Several comments here :

Very strange, but the same flights are marketed by both HOP and AF, at different prices. HOP offers seniors fares (with more liberal rules) while AF does not. The AF site shows a flat EUR70 for bags weighing over 23kg but under 32kg. HOP doesn't show any excess weight fees- which is what I'm trying to determine.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Very strange, but the same flights are marketed by both HOP and AF, at different prices.
Welcome to the wonderful world of AF and HOP ! :roll eyes:
Jokes apart, I don't think the flight is marketed under A5 code, even if it is purchasable on their site (under AF code).
Old Jun 26, 2015, 10:14 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Jokes apart, I don't think the flight is marketed under A5 code, even if it is purchasable on their site (under AF code).
Indeed, it is not. Only some domestic flights are available on both codes (like MPL).
Old Aug 2, 2015, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, Flying Blue
Despite it all being very confusing, actual Hop! is much better than mainline AF imho. I especially like the CRJ1000
Old Aug 2, 2015, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cattp
Despite it all being very confusing, actual Hop! is much better than mainline AF imho. I especially like the CRJ1000
Between TLS-CDG the HOP flights are actually AF flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.