Wiki Posts
Search

HOP! Advanced Seat Selection

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2015, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, BA Executive Club
HOP! Advanced Seat Selection

Hi everyone - know very little about Skyteam in general and AF in particular but no other airline flew to my destination.
Ticketed by Delta I'm flying JFK - CDG - CFE (AF JFK - CDG and HOP CDG - CFE). I was able to choose my AF seats via the Delta and AF site but no such luck on HOP. Is the record locator the same as AF? Does HOP even allow advanced seats?

Thanks in advance!!
Old May 21, 2015, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
No advanced seat selection I'm afraid.
Old May 21, 2015, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by orbitmic
No advanced seat selection I'm afraid.
Thanks for your assistance!! Short flight so less of a concern, thankfully.
Old May 21, 2015, 11:06 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I just booked a HOP yesterday (booked on delta.com) and was able to select seats on the AF site. The itin was AF YVR-CDG and Hop CDG-GOA rt. It was a business class ticket so maybe that was the difference?
Old May 22, 2015, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Finkface
It was a business class ticket so maybe that was the difference?
You guessed right. Advance selection is possible only for C class on medium-haul flights (AF or HOP-operated).
Old May 22, 2015, 3:45 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I just booked a HOP yesterday (booked on delta.com) and was able to select seats on the AF site. The itin was AF YVR-CDG and Hop CDG-GOA rt. It was a business class ticket so maybe that was the difference?
Originally Posted by Goldorak
You guessed right. Advance selection is possible only for C class on medium-haul flights (AF or HOP-operated).
Actually, the key element is that the Hop! plane is irrelevant in both the itineraries that you are talking about. CDG-GOA (and for that matter CDG-CFE) are "pure" AF flights despite being operated by a Hop plane and crew but only sold as AF. As such, they are subject to the same rules as any other AF flight (ie seat selection available in C but not in Y).

By contrast, if you book any A5 operated flight, regardless of whether you book iit under the A5 number or under AF codeshare number, there is, I believe, no seat selection (and in fact no business class either).
Old May 22, 2015, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Actually, the key element is that the Hop! plane is irrelevant in both the itineraries that you are talking about. CDG-GOA (and for that matter CDG-CFE) are "pure" AF flights despite being operated by a Hop plane and crew but only sold as AF. As such, they are subject to the same rules as any other AF flight (ie seat selection available in C but not in Y).

By contrast, if you book any A5 operated flight, regardless of whether you book iit under the A5 number or under AF codeshare number, there is, I believe, no seat selection (and in fact no business class either).
This is completely correct. Thank you for the precision.
Old May 23, 2015, 12:54 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)

Very interesting. Thanks for this. I had no idea. It is my first A5 booking as I usually go LH through MUC and then Air Dolomiti to GOA. But at $2,800 rt in AF's new 777 C cabin, and on their new direct flight from YVR, I couldn't resist.
Old May 23, 2015, 2:18 am

Very interesting. Thanks for this. I had no idea. It is my first A5 booking as I usually go LH through MUC and then Air Dolomiti to GOA. But at $2,800 rt in AF's new 777 C cabin, and on their new direct flight from YVR, I couldn't resist.
You were right not to. With the new J seats and a cheaper fare this is certainly the right choice over LH!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.