Community
Wiki Posts
Search

View AZ booking on AF acct/website

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2015, 4:59 am
Original Poster

View AZ booking on AF acct/website

I made a booking via alitalia.com yesterday and entered my FB number. I have ticket number and PNR, but when I enter this information on my account on airfrance.com under "add a trip" I get this message: "We are not able to add this trip. Please make sure the information you entered is correct."

I am sure the the PNR and ticket number are correct.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I could not find anything through the search function or google.
Old May 15, 2015, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
If you don't have any AF/KL/KQ/RO/UX/SB flights or metal in your itinerary, it is "normal" that you cannot see your trip in AF MMB. when I say "normal", I mean that their system seems to be designed that way (it doesn't mean that we would not wish another way ).
In the same way, if you book a ticket on DL, with flights on DL metal you can't see them in AF MMB
I suggest you go to SV site. It is notorious that you are able to see many Skyteam PNR on this site.
Old May 15, 2015, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AFAIK, Alitalia does not use Amadeus so AF systems will not be able to pull and display it.
For the same reason, I do not think that you will be able to pull it on the SV site either.
Old May 15, 2015, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Alitalia does not use the Amadeus GDS used by Air France/KLM/Flying Blue. Therefore, the Alitalia PNR that you received (all letters - no digits) will NEVER work with Air France/KLM/Flying Blue for looking up the reservation.

There is absolutely no need or requirement for you to be able to view your booking via Air France, or to add it to your list of Flying Blue bookings. Just ensure, at check in, that you have given the correct Flying Blue number if you wish to collect Flying Blue miles. Beware, though, that sometimes, even with the correct number in the booking and printed on your boarding pass, that you may have to do a retro-claim. This is simple and easy to do - refer to the Flying Blue website if this becomes necessary.

You can check your Alitalia booking at the Alitalia website here.
Old May 15, 2015, 8:34 am
Original Poster

FTers - Thank you for your very informative replies! I've learned something new today. I mostly wanted to add it to my account because I find that the AF app functionality is useful. No worries!
Old May 15, 2015, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Related question: how do I look up the fare codes for the AZ booking? I only see the itinerary with ticket numbers, seats and so on.
Old May 15, 2015, 3:13 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AY Gold, FB Gold, BT VIP
@speedlog: You can't! See previous threads. It's always a big surprise what booking class one ends up with when flying AZ.
Old May 15, 2015, 3:15 pm

PS: My AZ bookings do show up on the FB page, but only after a couple of days and with a different booking reference number.
Old May 16, 2015, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Va bene! I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Price was right in any case...
Old May 18, 2015, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by speedlog
Va bene! I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Price was right in any case...
If you don't have an email from Alitalia in your inbox with the full e-ticket information (I do, for an upcoming Alitalia trip, which arrived several months after the original booking, and I'm not sure I did anything in order to have Alitalia send it), then try this.

Using the e-ticket number - which starts with 055 - (don't use the PNR, it won't work) - put your details into the "Manage My Booking" tab on the Saudia website. It should be able to look up your e-ticket - it works for me - and will show you the fare class for each flight.
Old May 18, 2015, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Using the e-ticket number - which starts with 055 - (don't use the PNR, it won't work) - put your details into the "Manage My Booking" tab on the Saudia website. It should be able to look up your e-ticket - it works for me - and will show you the fare class for each flight.
It works! Thank you so much!
Old May 18, 2015, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No worries! We're here to help
Old May 18, 2015, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
No worries! We're here to help
Worked for me as well, thank you very much!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.