Wiki Posts
Search

AF flights from CDG 2E to LHR

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2015, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
AF flights from CDG 2E to LHR

For those who are regular on this CDG LHR route, what is the usual boarding area for these flights? I suspect it is mainly K gates to save time for passengers on this short route that is in competition with eurostar. I fly tomorrow and I am trying to figure out if I would be able to catch it if I arrive 25 minutes before take off at passport control (I have parafes, skypriority, cabin luggage only).
Old Apr 22, 2015, 6:59 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Indeed it is almost always the K pier (I have done +/- 20 trips in the last 12 months and can't ever remember it not being the K pier).

However, it is almost always at one or other of the extremities of the K pier, so a bit of a walk.

Whilst I would definitely not recommend it, I am often at the passport control only 25 minutes in advance and have always made it. Doesn't leave much contingency though...
Old Apr 22, 2015, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Indeed, K gates are the dominant norm, although L gates happen as well.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 12:54 am
Original Poster

OK, thanks for the input. Tonight's flight is announced gate K53 on ADP website, so I hope it stays like that.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
In my experience, always K, at the extreme right when you enter the concourse.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I have had L departures several times.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:11 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Goldorak
The gates for medium-haul aircraft are located at both ends of the concourse.

Originally Posted by orbitmic
I have had L departures several times.
It has also been my experience.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:53 am
Original Poster

It was K53 (even if the boarding pass on AF app was K34). Arrived at CDG 40 minutes before take off... or so was I thinking! Push back, taxiing, and then "ladies and gentlemen your captain, we have on board a luggage of a passenger who has been found at the gate, so we go back to the gate and meanwhile ground staff calculates what will take less time between off loading the luggage or boarding the passenger." At the gate, then the passenger disappeared, luggage offloaded and off we went. Arrival at Heathrow, jetway connected, but they were using the same gate to board another aircraft (at CDG disembarking has priority over boarding). So 1 hour delay for 45 minutes in the air.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 2:10 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by ranskis
"ladies and gentlemen your captain, we have on board a luggage of a passenger who has been found at the gato.
Aren't they supposed to check this before push back so that luggage of missing PAX will systematically be offloaded?

This is worrying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.