Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tight connection in CDG from Int'l to Intra-Europe.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2015, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Tight connection in CDG from Int'l to Intra-Europe.

I arrive on AF77 LAX-CDG at 17:15 Terminal 2E and depart AF1032 CDG-ATH Terminal 2F at 18:55, will I make this connection?

Looking at the CDG terminal map it says walking time from 2E to 2F is 25 mins and I have to clear immigration and security in CDG? Yikes!! Now I am concerned I will not make it.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 11:54 am

I don't recall the walk taking that long. 100 minutes will be tight, but should be enough time.

Unfortunately, that looks like it's the last flight to ATH on AF. If you miss it, you'll be overnight at CDG.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
tight connection in CDG

Assuming your inbound is on time, you should be fine. You will need to move efficiently through immigration and security.

Are you flying in J or otherwise have access to priority lanes? This can often save several minutes at certain times of day.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

thanks!!

nope i'm in economy

Originally Posted by gooselee
Assuming your inbound is on time, you should be fine.
AF77 originates in Tahiti and stops for 2 hrs to refuel in LAX and proceeds to CDG. I am guessing that this would make an ontime departure more likely as the plane is in LA for 2 hrs and I guess they have built in some buffer into that stopover time even if the inbound from PPT is a bit late.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Should be okay but tight, if the first flight is on time. CDG can be confusing, so study the map and know where you are going so as not to waste time. 2E K, L and M gates all have different ways to get to 2F. See easycdg.com
Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:03 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
For more discussion, Ill move this to the dedicated forum on Air France, as CDG connections issues are discussed often there. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
It should be no problem. From LAX, at that time, you will arrive either in K or L (as M concourse is closing at 2 pm). From L, you can walk to 2F (10-15 min overall) where you will clear immigration and security very rapidly. From K to F, the walk is 10 min max. Immigration can be more crowded in K, but at that time it should be fine.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Goldorak
It should be no problem. From LAX, at that time, you will arrive either in K or L (as M concourse is closing at 2 pm). From L, you can walk to 2F (10-15 min overall) where you will clear immigration and security very rapidly. From K to F, the walk is 10 min max. Immigration can be more crowded in K, but at that time it should be fine.
+1. Frankly, even calling 1h40 minutes "tight" makes no sense at all to me, especially around that time which is not particularly busy for immigration or transfer.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Fully agreed that you will have no problems, even in Y, if your flight is on time.
Flightstats gives AF77 with an average delay of 30 min. If the delay is half an hour, this will be tight but doable.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 11:27 am
Original Poster

thanks guys, feel a little more relieved now
Old Mar 3, 2016, 8:13 am

Similar situation so the thread title still applies.

Flying ATL-CDG landing March 21 at 6AM with a connecting, intra-European flight at 7:15AM to OTP (Bucharest).

75 minutes, assuming our flight is on time. Any idea how safe this is? There's a later flight at 10AM that we might be reaccomodated on if we miss our original, but stats look bad for an on-time departure, and we were thinking about purchasing separate tickets for onward travel to Berlin at 3PM from Bucharest that day.

Am I asking for trouble here, or are we likely to be fine with customs/immigration in CDG with only cabin luggage? Likely to still make our connection? I can't tell which terminal(s) we're likely to be flying in/out of either on Delta's site or WorldMate.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by jamesb2147
Similar situation so the thread title still applies.

Flying ATL-CDG landing March 21 at 6AM with a connecting, intra-European flight at 7:15AM to OTP (Bucharest).

75 minutes, assuming our flight is on time. Any idea how safe this is? There's a later flight at 10AM that we might be reaccomodated on if we miss our original, but stats look bad for an on-time departure, and we were thinking about purchasing separate tickets for onward travel to Berlin at 3PM from Bucharest that day.

Am I asking for trouble here, or are we likely to be fine with customs/immigration in CDG with only cabin luggage? Likely to still make our connection? I can't tell which terminal(s) we're likely to be flying in/out of either on Delta's site or WorldMate.
This should be no trouble at all. Romania is not a member of Schengen so you do not clear immigration at CDG. Your departure flight will be from 2E as well as your arrival.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 9:21 am

Thanks, Braniff!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.