Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France Vegetarian Meals in Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2015, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Air France Vegetarian Meals in Business Class

Hi, I'm flying from JNB-CDG in a few weeks and wondering what kind of vegetarian options are included as part of the normal menu? Is there always a vegetarian option like other airlines? Anyone have any experiences ordering a VEG meal in business?

Thanks!
Old Jan 26, 2015, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by paulinias
Hi, I'm flying from JNB-CDG in a few weeks and wondering what kind of vegetarian options are included as part of the normal menu? Is there always a vegetarian option like other airlines? Anyone have any experiences ordering a VEG meal in business?

Thanks!
Welcome to Flyertalk and to the Air France forum where I hope you'll continue to enjoy after your trip!

If you want vegetarian food, you should certainly order a vegetarian special meal. There is no choice of starter but a double starter all served on a single plate which is never vegetarian. It is arguably often the better part of the meal. It is accompanied by a bowl of green salad which should be fine.

There is then a choice of four main dishes typically including one vegetarian option (most frequently pasta). However, depending on where you sit, there is of course no guarantee that there will be some left. The other three options are normally two meats and one fish.

Then there is a small plate with two cheese, and finally dessert (the other competitor for "best part of the meal").

On your route, breakfast will be hot and include a choice of three mains: one hot savoury (likely non vegetarian) and one hot sweet (likely vegetarian), and one cold plate (not vegetarian).
Old Jan 26, 2015, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
As far as I remember, I have always seen a vegetarian option for the main course in the regular menu in J.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Ah ! Once again Orbitmic and I have posted at the same time
But your answer is more complete than mine and I fully agree with you
Old Jan 26, 2015, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Ah ! Once again Orbitmic and I have posted at the same time
But your answer is more complete than mine and I fully agree with you
I know, we must have the same rhythm of "flyertalk breaks" to the minute! A few (not many) of our regulars are vegetarian so might be able to give some insight on the quality of special vegetarian meals which might prove useful too (or paulinias, you could do a search as I am sure that they have been discussed before!)
Old Jan 26, 2015, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, all! Do you think a pre-ordered veggie meal will be tasier than the normal veggie entree choice? :-)
Old Jan 26, 2015, 2:07 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
The way I would look at it is that if you are strictly vegetarian and won't be eating if they run out of the veggie mains, then order the SPML.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:20 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
I flew CDG-JFK in J a few weeks ago and the pax in the seat next to me was speaking to a FA about a vegetarian meal. It sounded like she had requested one but nothing special was catered and the FA was explaining that the pasta option was vegetarian. The pax said that would be okay and the FA said she'd save one for her. The starter included a very non-vegetarian foie gras - I don't think they had a veg option for her instead.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 5:39 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by ShopAround
I flew CDG-JFK in J a few weeks ago and the pax in the seat next to me was speaking to a FA about a vegetarian meal. It sounded like she had requested one but nothing special was catered and the FA was explaining that the pasta option was vegetarian. The pax said that would be okay and the FA said she'd save one for her. The starter included a very non-vegetarian foie gras - I don't think they had a veg option for her instead.
There are true Vegetarian meals in all classes (I doubt for W though...), so to me it sounds like her special meal was forgotten in the catering.
The FA was just trying to make things up by saving a pasta dish, but it seems that she had the regular J tray.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I've ordered vegetarian myself. Was given Asian veg out of JNB and then boring vegetable plates with rice out of all other African stations. Not sure how they decide one over the other. I prefer Asian veg
Old Dec 29, 2016, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
bump...anyone know if all stations offer the Asian veg? is it the same as Hindu veg? Which stations offer the special Korean/Indian/Chinese meals...only ex-CDG?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 7:09 am

Is there still always a vegetarian option for the main course in J (I realize there's a risk they'll run out)? This would be lunch CDG-JFK if that matters.

I've never had a good vegetarian special meal on any airline and it doesn't sound as if AF is any better.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by richarddd
Is there still always a vegetarian option for the main course in J (I realize there's a risk they'll run out)? This would be lunch CDG-JFK if that matters.
Yes, there is.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 6:52 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
The pre-ordered VGMLs that my wife got were beyond awful. We went for just getting what's on the menu.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 11:45 am

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Bumping this thread... Any experience with AF business class Indian vegetarian LAX-CDG or CDG-LAX in business? Regular veg meal? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.