Search

Theft at AF CDG Terminal 2 Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2014, 6:48 pm
Formerly known as HuwRLewis
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM (Charter); DL-MM; Hilton: Diamond
Theft at AF CDG Terminal 2 Lounge

The other week I had my Bose headphones stolen out of my bag in an AF Salon at CDG.

Has anyone else experienced a theft in a lounge?
Old Dec 13, 2014, 12:26 am

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Sad to read this and no - never heard or experienced anything like this myself.
And always thought these places were particularly thrustworthy...
Old Dec 13, 2014, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by CrazyCelt
The other week I had my Bose headphones stolen out of my bag in an AF Salon at CDG.

I would often leave my Macbook and phone charging on the desk and my bag with headphones, chargers, etc by the desk and leave the lounge for shopping or something similar. Never thought this kind of thing could even happen.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Very unfortunate indeed. Never experienced that as well but it reminds all of us to be careful with our belongings even in an airline lounge.
As long as there are human beings around...
Old Dec 13, 2014, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by dimitriyremerov
I would often leave my Macbook and phone charging on the desk and my bag with headphones, chargers, etc by the desk and leave the lounge for shopping or something similar. Never thought this kind of thing could even happen.
I think you are tempting too much !
I would never do that except in CDG La Première lounge
Old Dec 13, 2014, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Unfortunately it can happen anywhere and a lounge is and remains a public place as is, incidentally, a plane
Old Dec 13, 2014, 3:44 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by dimitriyremerov
You must be kidding right? Especially the large AMS/CDG lounges are overrun by people - any kind of people. Its a very public place where you should be just as careful as outside the lounge.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
I always let everything on the table in the lounge (bag with everything inside, iPad, etc.).

Never experienced or heard of any issues.

Are you sure by the way that I have not let your headphones solewhere else?
Old Dec 13, 2014, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Xandrios
You must be kidding right? Especially the large AMS/CDG lounges are overrun by people - any kind of people. Its a very public place where you should be just as careful as outside the lounge.
My philosophy: being worried is a mental pollution that is worse than being stollen.

And I must say that I never have been stollen in any place of the world despite (because?) this philosophy.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 5:21 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by nicolas75
My philosophy: being worried is a mental pollution that is worse than being stollen.
I am not saying that you need to hold on to the bag like you life depends on it; however leaving them unattended in a lounge when you yourself are not in that lounge...is just asking for troubles. You can believe in everybody being good and leaving your stuff alone, but imho, that is not the world we currently live in. You will lose items if you leave them unattended for long(er) periods of time.

Thats my opinion anyway. And I think most travel insurance companies tend to agree, for example
Old Dec 13, 2014, 6:24 am

Programs: Many
An airline lounge is a public area therefore not safer than the boarding zone of the airport IMO.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 6:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
While carriers promote lounges as "exclusive," they aren't. Anybody with the right ticket has access. Passengers who fall for the "exclusive" label should not.

Nonetheless, there is a middle ground. Lounges are likely safer than the gate area, but that doesn't mean completely so.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xandrios
I am not saying that you need to hold on to the bag like you life depends on it; however leaving them unattended in a lounge when you yourself are not in that lounge...is just asking for troubles. You can believe in everybody being good and leaving your stuff alone, but imho, that is not the world we currently live in. You will lose items if you leave them unattended for long(er) periods of time.

Thats my opinion anyway. And I think most travel insurance companies tend to agree, for example
You're absolutely right. i had a long layover between a TATL and long flight to SE Asia. So I was resting in one of the glassed-in 'quiet areas' with sleeping couches. When I went to pick up some snacks and check with the desk on something I left my bags alone in that 'semi private' area... It was dumb on my part.

On many occasions in this lounge I've left my laptop and phone charging on a table in full sight of everyone while I wandered about. Maybe I was lulled into a false sense of security.

So everyone, please learn from my silly mistake.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CrazyCelt
I once saw a guy rummaging in a bag in the AMS Privium ClubLounge. Turned out the bag was not his, as became apparent when the owner returned. As Dutch immigrations have an office on the premises, the thief was arrested immediately. He was not eligible for lounge entry, but had somehow managed to sneak in anyway.

Johan
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by johan rebel
I once saw a guy rummaging in a bag in the AMS Privium ClubLounge. Turned out the bag was not his, as became apparent when the owner returned. As Dutch immigrations have an office on the premises, the thief was arrested immediately. He was not eligible for lounge entry, but had somehow managed to sneak in anyway.

Johan
Yikes!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.