Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VN and Flying Blue

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2014, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

VN and Flying Blue

I made a booking on Expedia a few days ago for a VN long haul flight. I wasn't able to add my Flying Blue number. I cannot access my booking nor on AF nor VN websites. How can I access booking online and add my FQTV number?
My flight is in Z class so we are talking about a bit of miles.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
For AF site, It's normal that you can't access this booking if you don't have any AF-operated flight or an AF-coded flight in your PNR. For VN, is it that the web site doesn't have the MMB page or is it that you can retrieve your booking but can't add your FB number ?
In any case, nothing to worry about. Worst case scenario is that your FB number will be added at the airport when you'll check-in.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Call Expedia.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 3:58 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Try the MMB tool on the Saudia website.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Call Expedia.
I tried that but the Expedia in Singapore where I live couldn't manage a booking on a EU expedia page. I don't want to pay to call a French expedia call center.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 6:24 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Definitely worth a try! I recently made a Garuda booking with a 3rd party online TA (Amex, actually: neither Expedia nor Opodo came up with the flights I wanted, and the GA website would only accept VISA as payment).

Now, once I had my PNR/locator code, I could enter my FB number via the GA website (manage booking) but I could not select seats (this is a biz-class booking, so I should've been able to).

Once the FB number was in, I could see the booking on KLM website (logged on to my FB account) but, again, no seat selection.

So I tried Saudia! After a minor problem with the 'verification code' (claimed to be sent by email, but didn't arrive, so I used the SMS option), I could fully access the booking and make my seat selection.

All in all, the Saudia website is extremely useful for accessing 'difficult' SkyTeam bookings.

-- Henry
Old Oct 27, 2014, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Great tip!

I have a FB redemption on KL and GA, also in biz, and had not been able to select a seat for the GA flight.

Now I can!!! (the authentication code arrived immediately by email, by the way!)

Last edited by irishguy28; Oct 27, 2014 at 7:51 am
Old Oct 27, 2014, 8:40 am

Programs: FB Gold
I must be missing something here, I have a FB award booking using CZ/GA/KL, I went to the SV site, entered the PNR and got the booking up but see no option to change seats. What are you guys doing to get a verification code? I think I joined their FF program but that didn't seem to need any such code to be sent.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 9:09 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Originally Posted by AJCNL
I must be missing something here, I have a FB award booking using CZ/GA/KL, I went to the SV site, entered the PNR and got the booking up but see no option to change seats. What are you guys doing to get a verification code? I think I joined their FF program but that didn't seem to need any such code to be sent.
You don't need to log on with an SV FFP: just click the "Manage Bookings" tab, enter your PNR* and surname, then click "Retrieve Booking" ...

... you should then see a summary of your booking, including a "Select Services" button in "Passengers Information." Clicking that button elicits the authentication code process.

-- Henry

* Hint: Maybe KLM PNRs don't work? Try the GA or CZ code!
Old Oct 27, 2014, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Henry III
Y* Hint: Maybe KLM PNRs don't work? Try the GA or CZ code!
The KL code most certainly does work! KL and GA both use Amadeus.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 10:08 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by Henry III
You don't need to log on with an SV FFP: just click the "Manage Bookings" tab, enter your PNR* and surname, then click "Retrieve Booking" ...

... you should then see a summary of your booking, including a "Select Services" button in "Passengers Information." Clicking that button elicits the authentication code process.

-- Henry
Ah, that's what is missing. No Select Services button in Passengers Information. What I have got is a Schedule change notification, an irrelevant 5 min later arrival time, but the message says "Please acknowledge it and choose your trip options again". Now I can't see any way to acknowledge this on their website, and maybe that is the problem. KL website also mentions the change but again shows no way of me acknowledging it.

Not a major deal, I do have seats allocated, FB booked as near to what I wanted when I booked, but being a control freak it would be nice to have access to the seat map, particularly for the CZ flights. I haven't found any MMB on any of the CZ websites.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by FB06
I don't want to pay to call a French expedia call center.
As said before, no need to stress for that. Just wait for check-in at the airport and give your FB card to the agent. And keep all BP in case you have to do a retroclaim after the trip.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 2:26 am
Original Poster

In the end I called VN in Singapore who simply added my FQTV number to the booking. However, they said it is normal that I cannot see my booking on vietnamairlines.com as I didn't book on that site.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 6:56 am

Programs: TK Elite (*A Gold)
Flew VN last August, registered FB at counter and all showed up in my overview.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 9:02 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Will not work - VN is on Sabre, SV is on Amadeus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.