Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France premium economy.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2014, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Air France premium economy.

If I book a premium economy fare with air france from ams to LAX... where will I be seated in the short european flight from ams to cdg?

And do I have access to KLM lounge at AMS (and Air france lounge at CDG)????

And can I bring my own Bose noise canceling headset instead of using theirs? What kind of plug is it going to be (2-prong or 3-prong or 1-prong)?

Last edited by uclacolumbiaunc; Oct 17, 2014 at 7:53 pm
Old Oct 18, 2014, 12:19 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Plat
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
If I book a premium economy fare with air france from ams to LAX... where will I be seated in the short european flight from ams to cdg?
If your flight is operated by KLM, in the back of the bus with the rest of the Economy. If your flight is operated by AF, in the front, but behind the Business Class

And do I have access to KLM lounge at AMS (and Air france lounge at CDG)????
Not unless you have access through SkyTeam Elite Plus status. Access can be bought at a fee of approx 30 Euro, but access to KLM Crown Lounge won't give you access to AF lounge in CDG, AFAIK

And can I bring my own Bose noise canceling headset instead of using theirs? What kind of plug is it going to be (2-prong or 3-prong or 1-prong)?
If you check this trip report, you'll see there's one-prong socket.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ok986
If your flight is operated by AF, in the front, but behind the Business Class
Yes, but in the same "premium cabin", before the curtain and with the same catering as C class (but in any case, on AMS-CDG, it is minimal).

Not unless you have access through SkyTeam Elite Plus status. Access can be bought at a fee of approx 30 Euro, but access to KLM Crown Lounge won't give you access to AF lounge in CDG, AFAIK
I'm afraid you're wrong. Flying W in Europe does give you free lounge access in CDG and AMS for the medium haul leg. To make it clearer for the OP's case :
AMS-CDG-LAX : free lounge access in AMS, but not in CDG (because long-haul W does not come with free lounge access)
LAX-CDG-AMS : free lounge access in CDG (but not in LAX)
Old Oct 18, 2014, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I'm afraid you're wrong.
Happy to be corrected!
Old Oct 18, 2014, 6:38 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
If your flight is operated by KLM, in the back of the bus with the rest of the Economy. If your flight is operated by AF, in the front, but behind the Business Class
You get the exact same service on KL as AF on the AMS-CDG leg, in front of the curtain behind business and the same service as business. Only differance is you might have some sitting next to you.

You will get a meal on the first leg because it business service. My opinion is that it is quite a good addition (especialy because the crown lounge in AMS does not have much good good).
Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:44 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by Brendan88
You get the exact same service on KL as AF on the AMS-CDG leg, in front of the curtain behind business and the same service as business. Only differance is you might have some sitting next to you.(...).

As far as I know :

AF : in front of curtain are business class (2x2) and premium economy (3x3). Same food (not quite, warm bread is only for business ) and service.

KL : in font of curtain is business class only. There is no premium economy on KL.

Or? Did I miss something?
Old Oct 19, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
Originally Posted by carnarvon

As far as I know :

AF : in front of curtain are business class (2x2) and premium economy (3x3). Same food (not quite, warm bread is only for business ) and service.

KL : in font of curtain is business class only. There is no premium economy on KL.

Or? Did I miss something?
My experence was that KLM and AF nou offer the same on AMS-CDG route. Was in premium on this route with KLM 2 weeks ago and als a few weeks before that. I have always received the warm bread, with KLM cant remember if AF gave me that.
Last year (when KLM surely didn't offer premium on that route) I was often upgraded to bis at the gate. That was the only upgrade that i expected with KLM.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:56 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
AFAIK

According to my experience Carnarvon is right.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 6:38 am

Programs: FB Club 2000, M&M Hon
AF and KL want to operate with the same products (=classes) between AMS and CDG. So KL offers premium economy on AMS-CDG flights.

On flights between Amsterdam and Paris, Europe Business Class is divided in 2 zones. All middle seats are blocked in the front part of the cabin (C-Class ticket holders).

Whereas these seats may be occupied in the other zone (for premium economy tickets). Both zones offer Europe Business Class services.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:40 am

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Alternate Headset Usage on AF TATL Flights

If you check this trip report, you'll see there's one-prong socket.
I didn't see anything in this trip report about a one-prong socket being available. Only a brief discussion about the earpiece covers for the AF supplied headsets. And, based on recent experience, these headsets are hardwired and, thus, no option to plug in your own. Unless there's a socket somewhere, that I missed, to do so. Or maybe this option is now available with the new J/PV class retrofits.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by arkangel
I didn't see anything in this trip report about a one-prong socket being available. Only a brief discussion about the earpiece covers for the AF supplied headsets. And, based on recent experience, these headsets are hardwired and, thus, no option to plug in your own. Unless there's a socket somewhere, that I missed, to do so. Or maybe this option is now available with the new J/PV class retrofits.
There is a one-prong socket on PV long-haul. I use it all the time with my Bose. Very easy to find: it is next to where the hardwired headphones wire emerges from the seat. It is the regular jack stereo format, same as the socket of an iPhone... or a Walkman...
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by arkangel
I didn't see anything in this trip report about a one-prong socket being available.
This picture looks to me pretty much like a one-prong socket
Old Oct 21, 2014, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Well, sure enough, there it is. Unfortunately, I was looking for something a little more obvious. My bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.