Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CDG-MSP on 340 in business. What to expect?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2014, 2:44 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
CDG-MSP on 340 in business. What to expect?

Hi all,

After a number of changes to my intinerary by Delta I am now flying CDG-MSP in business on a 340. I've gone through the forum a bit but have found conflicting information. Are these lie-flat seats?

Thank you for any information concerning seats, seat choices, service, etc.

Flying in November.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:33 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
The seats you will get are NEV4. This is not exactly a spectacular seat, and it's angular in sleeping position, but...the angle is small, and the seat is flat (just not completely horizontal). I actually sleep quite well on them. (AF calls this quite awkwardly "full sleep"). However, you will have a day flight. For lounging NEV4 are not brilliant, but arguably fairly comfortable. If you are rather tall it is easier to get comfy in them. Seat config will be 2-2-2, and there is no direct isle access on windows seats. I'd like to note that he A340 is very quite, which is an aspect I like very much about them.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 4:31 pm

I did one of these last week, CDG - Bogota, and was impressed with the seat, much better than the 777 one I had the week before. don't go for 2A though you don;t get the little "foot cupboard" just the bulkhead. Going back I've swapped seats to try packing the aforementioned cupboard stuffed with pillows and blankets to try for a full flat poise.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 1:42 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by tezzer
I did one of these last week, CDG - Bogota, and was impressed with the seat, much better than the 777 one I had the week before. don't go for 2A though you don;t get the little "foot cupboard" just the bulkhead. Going back I've swapped seats to try packing the aforementioned cupboard stuffed with pillows and blankets to try for a full flat poise.
Yes, that's NEV4 you're describing there
Old Sep 12, 2014, 9:07 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory (never use it), CoOnepass, DeltaSkymiles, AAdvantage
Slightly OT but did they actually do anything to Y or is it still the same seats as 10 years back
Old Sep 12, 2014, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Airfrancefan
Slightly OT but did they actually do anything to Y or is it still the same seats as 10 years back
They are changing the Y seats as well, but I don't think the A340 will get them as they are leaving the fleet in a near future.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 2:21 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak
They are changing the Y seats as well, but I don't think the A340 will get them as they are leaving the fleet in a near future.
Indeed.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 3:57 pm

Programs: Delta PM
As far as I know MSP-CDG direct flights are on Delta metal in Nov. The AF MSP-CDG flight is seasonal May-Sep I think. I took that Delta flight on J 6 month ago, and it was a very good seat. Much better than any J seat I have experienced on AF.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 8:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by MEzz
As far as I know MSP-CDG direct flights are on Delta metal in Nov. The AF MSP-CDG flight is seasonal May-Sep I think. I took that Delta flight on J 6 month ago, and it was a very good seat. Much better than any J seat I have experienced on AF.
Good point. The OP should double check that itinerary since by November, there should be only one CDG-MSP nonstop per day, and it's DL operated, unless something has changed.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 5:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Thanks for the heads up!
Old Sep 24, 2014, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
The DL A330 is already flying the route and it is equipped with the new flat beds Cirrus (similar to US Air, Cathay,.. AF is introducing a light version of that seat on their 777). MUCH better than AF A340.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.