Community
Wiki Posts
Search

La Premiere cabin all to ourselves -- what are the chances?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2014, 3:56 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

La Premiere cabin all to ourselves -- what are the chances?

Slim to none, one would think. But the probability play worked in our favor last month when we flew CDG / SFO. The entire cabin to ourselves, what a treat!
Old Jul 5, 2014, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by KatW
Slim to none, one would think. But the probability play worked in our favor last month when we flew CDG / SFO. The entire cabin to ourselves, what a treat!
Actually, the probability is fairly high! But indeed, always a bonus!
Old Jul 5, 2014, 4:06 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

And I thought we were so chi-chi.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
And I thought we were so chi-chi.
Well, AF F cabins are always very small when offered at all - 4 seats on most planes and 9 on the largest (A380), so if, say, you are a couple, on most flights, you would already represent a load factor of 50%! On SFO, the A380 has the largest F cabin of 9 seats. However, SFO is a very weak route for F, in fact it didn't offer any F for several years and re-introducing it has just been accidental because AF wanted the extra Y capacity of the A380.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
The entire cabin to ourselves, what a treat!
I agree. Olivedel and I experienced that last year on CDG-SIN (so, A380 like you), and we were in heaven
You can read our trip report if you wish
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...sq-j-cx-j.html
Old Jul 6, 2014, 10:37 am

Flying CDG - LAX a couple of weeks ago in first and only 4 of 9 seats occupied, all windows, so you hardly knew the other passengers were there.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 1:37 pm

i guess chances are higher if you fly during summer as loads in premium cabins are pretty low. This is what happened to Mrs Mud and I when we flew La Première a couple of years ago, only the 2 of us in a 8 seats cabine: what a treat, especially with the great FA who was in charge of the service !
Old Jul 7, 2014, 7:00 am

Programs: Gold: VS, SQ, AF/KL
I agree it probably depends on the time of year. You're very lucky though that you had F all to yourselves! I'm saving up on my FB miles at the moment to hopefully try AF La Premiere someday in late 2015 or 2016. I just became FB silver this past weekend and was quite excited!

From searching random dates in the fall, however, I noticed for SFO/LAX to CDG, there was only 1 award seat available in P. Does anyone know whether more award seats are available to FB Gold/Plat members?
Old Jul 7, 2014, 11:30 am

Programs: Gold: VS, SQ, AF/KL
Disregard my last question since I felt this thread answered it:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...rance-com.html
Old Sep 17, 2014, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
I have a flight in Premiere on the A380 this winter and, at this point, have the pick of all nine seats. Any recommendation? I'm sure they won't all stay empty for long.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Yahtzee
I have a flight in Premiere on the A380 this winter and, at this point, have the pick of all nine seats. Any recommendation? I'm sure they won't all stay empty for long.
Any seat is fine, but personally, I don't like 1A which is "isolated" and you miss a bit the impression of space of the cabin.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 7:50 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Any seat is fine, but personally, I don't like 1A which is "isolated" and you miss a bit the impression of space of the cabin.
Thanks - I was actually going to just PM you so glad you responded. I'll take 3L so I have a view of all the action.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Yahtzee
Thanks - I was actually going to just PM you so glad you responded. I'll take 3L so I have a view of all the action.
My pleasure ^ Enjoy
Old Sep 18, 2014, 6:49 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

We also considered ourselves so lucky when we entered the La Premiere Cabin and considered it our private plane for the next 11 hours. A few minutes prior to departure Johnnie Depp and his family arrived and took about 4 seats. I have to say having Mr. Depp across the aisle was a pleasant surprise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.