Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A la Carte menu in Business?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2014, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Please don't be! I misread stuff all the time and thought initially I had picked something up wrong here!
Thanks! I guess I'm still pretty bad at checking FT on my iphone - everything always looks uncanly small and I keep missing the buttons I want to press even after enlarging, but still, a "not" is the worst word to miss in a post!! Oopsy!
Old Jun 21, 2014, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
What page do you see this on? I just checked my IAD-CDG flight next month and don't see anything about dining anywhere (let alone the meal choices in the screenshots).
Old Jun 22, 2014, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by gooselee
What page do you see this on? I just checked my IAD-CDG flight next month and don't see anything about dining anywhere (let alone the meal choices in the screenshots).
I think those à la carte meals in J are not proposed (yet ?) on every route. So maybe IAD is not one of them as of today.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum For Life, BA Executive Club Gold, Marriott Platinum for Life
Also in Premiere

There are also A La Carte meals (fee free) available in La Premiere. It's the same cuisines (Asian & seafood) but different menus. So far I've only been offered this option on flights from CDG to JFK.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:19 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
CDG to JFK in October, also have them . AA has been doing this for at least 2 years now and it works really well.
Why would you need to print a voucher and exchange it for the meal? A note in the manifest wouldn't be enough for the crew to identify the passengers who ordered the meal?
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:57 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by B7e7US
CDG to JFK in October, also have them . AA has been doing this for at least 2 years now and it works really well.
Why would you need to print a voucher and exchange it for the meal? A note in the manifest wouldn't be enough for the crew to identify the passengers who ordered the meal?
The system is actually very different from AA. AA offers you the possibility to pre-order one of the options from the day's menu in advance. It is great for them and allows you to "secure" your top choice but does not add any choice, so in effect, if you do not pre-select you will get the exact same choices (assuming your preferred choice is still available at the time the FA comes to ask you what you wish to eat!).

The AF system allows you to pre-order meals which would not be part of the onboard selection on the day, more like SQ and MH. So if you do not pre-select that option, you will not be able to ask for it once onboard.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 11:35 am

Does anybody know when AF plan to introduce the new a la carte J menus (for free ) to all routes?

Also does anyone know if they still offer a Japanese main course on Japanese routes (KIX and HND here) and also if they still offer a second main hot meal in the Japan-France direction?
Old Aug 16, 2014, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Also does anyone know if they still offer a Japanese main course on Japanese routes (KIX and HND here) and also if they still offer a second main hot meal in the Japan-France direction?
Hmm hmmm...is this question related to a certain WOW sale trip ?
The answer is yes for both questions
Old Aug 16, 2014, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Hmm hmmm...is this question related to a certain WOW sale trip ?
The answer is yes for both questions
Eh eh, yes. I took the plunge and most of my very long haul with AF in recent months were to the Americas with obviously no Japanese choice ( ) and with the second meal a hot breakfast.

Thanks for the answers! Has the second meal still got a choice of main or did they move to the "light meal concept" like they seem to do to the likes of ATL and IAH (where they seem to only offer a risotto or pasta dish)?
Old Aug 16, 2014, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Has the second meal still got a choice of main
Yes
Old Aug 16, 2014, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Yes
Merci!!!
Old Aug 16, 2014, 4:29 pm

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
What I'd like to know is: are they any good? Got a CDG-JFK coming up which has the menu choices on offer...
Old Jul 24, 2015, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
This appears to still be happening, I just read about it in Air France magazine. How do you know if it is available on your flight? By logging into AF and your reservation? or is it on all flights, at least ex-Paris?
Old Jul 25, 2015, 2:34 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
This appears to still be happening, I just read about it in Air France magazine. How do you know if it is available on your flight? By logging into AF and your reservation? or is it on all flights, at least ex-Paris?
You can see the option in your reservation on the AF site
Old Jul 28, 2015, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Originally Posted by Zembla
You can see the option in your reservation on the AF site
Yes, but only, I believe, if your ex-Paris reservation is on AF ticket stock. If you made your res. on dl.com, unless this has changed in the last year, the pre selection option is not available. At least this was my experience last summer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.