Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Assignment Issue Air France 777

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2014, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Post Seat Assignment Issue Air France 777

Hello, my name is Pablo and I'm new to Flyertalk.

About a month ago I reserved 3 tickets from Mexico to Paris and back in Premium Economy. There was no option to choose any seat. We were not given any seat for the return flight. Today I went to the website and checked if I could assign any seat for my return flight. When you clicked to assign any seat there were no seats available!
What should I do?
Should I call Air France?
Has this happened to you?

Please help me ASAP I am worried
Old Apr 21, 2014, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Welcome to Flyertalk Pablo
This is happening quite often. You should also know that a cabin map is hardly an accurate reflect of the real booking. But I believe in your case that your cabin of travel for your flight is heavily booked. AF usually blocks some seats that cannot be pre-asssigned (e.g. seats with infant basinet) and those seats are released at check-in. Also if you are less than 3 days of your flight, the flight is transferred to airport control and no more seat can be assigned until check-in. I think that the likelihood that you will be seated together is pretty low in those circumstances.
What you should do is to check-in on-line as soon as it opens. Of course, you can still give AF a ring. It never does any harm
Old Apr 21, 2014, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Welcome to Flyertalk. +1 on Goldorak's advice. If you say what flight you are on it will be easier to figure out which it is only a technical issue or a really heavily booked flight.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 1:25 pm

Programs: AZ Exec, FB PFL, OneWorld Sapphire, IHG Diamond, Accor Platinum, Avis/Hertz President
Originally Posted by Paul G. Jones
Hello, my name is Pablo and I'm new to Flyertalk.

About a month ago I reserved 3 tickets from Mexico to Paris and back in Premium Economy. There was no option to choose any seat. We were not given any seat for the return flight. Today I went to the website and checked if I could assign any seat for my return flight. When you clicked to assign any seat there were no seats available!
What should I do?
Should I call Air France?
Has this happened to you?

Please help me ASAP I am worried

Do not worry, it will be fine.
PE is a relatively small and cozy area. Even if you are not seated together, once on board it will be easy to "relocate".
Enjoy your flight.

Ulxima
Old Apr 21, 2014, 3:20 pm

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by ulxima
Even if you are not seated together, once on board it will be easy to "relocate".
Err.... I wouldn't be too sure. If they are not together, they may well be in the dreaded middle seats which nobody in their right mind would accept to swap for!!
Old Apr 21, 2014, 10:36 pm

Programs: AZ Exec, FB PFL, OneWorld Sapphire, IHG Diamond, Accor Platinum, Avis/Hertz President
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Err.... I wouldn't be too sure. If they are not together, they may well be in the dreaded middle seats which nobody in their right mind would accept to swap for!!
Yes, you are right, it is possible that one of them might travel "alone", right behind (or ahead of) his/her friends.
I still bet chances are slim and this is no drama.

Ulxima
Old Apr 21, 2014, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by ulxima
Yes, you are right, it is possible that one of them might travel "alone", right behind (or ahead of) his/her friends.
I still bet chances are slim and this is no drama.

Ulxima
Completely agree with you on that! ^ It was just the idea that relocation would be easy that I was moderating but as you say the cabin is small and I'm pretty sure it would be 2 + 1 at worst or something like that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.