Wiki Posts
Search

lost laptop at CDG - any help?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2013, 3:30 am
Original Poster

lost laptop at CDG - any help?

Hi!

Do anybody know if there's any website where people report lost and found things at the airports?
I lost my laptop ot rather it was stolen by customs agents at CDg airport.
I've emailed them a few times and got no response.
I was flying with AF and I do regret that!
Or do you know if it's worth contacting Paris police? Because I read that some found stuff are handed to them after some time.

Thank you
Old Jul 31, 2013, 3:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
It was stolen? How? Did you let it out of your sights?
Old Jul 31, 2013, 3:48 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
You can contact the missing item desk of Aéroport de Paris using their web form :

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/e...t-property.htm

or directly by mail : [email protected]
Old Jul 31, 2013, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Well, I'm not 100% sure, but the most posible option for me is that when going through the customs, I took it out of the bag, put it on the belt and the customs officers took/stole it without telling me, so that I thought that it was inside the bag, or simply I hadn't taken it out to the belt or they had themselves.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 5:14 am
Original Poster

I already have done that Mokshu and they haven't replied.
I read on the net that there are some many things lost at this airport and not only, and the airport staff is stealing them.

Last edited by xpabloxx1; Jul 31, 2013 at 5:40 am
Old Jul 31, 2013, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Is there anybody who would do me a favor and go to the airport with my request file of the lost item? If there is an honest person who would do that for me I would be really grateful! I know I may run a risk of stealing it if it would be found by a person who decided to go for it but I don't have my netbook either so that's the only way. I can't go to Paris now and I don't have friends there.

Last edited by xpabloxx1; Jul 31, 2013 at 6:01 am
Old Jul 31, 2013, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by xpabloxx1
rather it was stolen by customs agents at CDg airport.
Well, I'm not 100% sure, but the most posible option for me is that when going through the customs, I took it out of the bag, put it on the belt and the customs officers took/stole it without telling me
Is there anybody who would do me a favor and go to the airport with my request file of lost item? If there's an honest person who would do that for me I would be really grateful! I know I may run a risk of stealing it by a person who would go for it but I don't have my netbook either so that's the only way. I can't go to Paris now and I don't have friends there.
Welcome to Flyertalk. However, with due respect, considering the ease with which you seem to throw the heaviest accusations at random people without, apparently, the shadow of a proof, I think one would have to be a complete masochist to go anywhere near your property and be the target of your next arbitrary accusation as a result.

You probably won't believe me but I do not think that French customs are in the business of stealing anything, and the idea that any custom agent would face the likeliness of a huge prison sentence for the sake of a laptop is laughable and rather pathetic.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Welcome to Flyertalk. However, with due respect, considering the ease with which you seem to throw the heaviest accusations at random people without, apparently, the shadow of a proof, I think one would have to be a complete masochist to go anywhere near your property and be the target of your next arbitrary accusation as a result.

You probably won't believe me but I do not think that French customs are in the business of stealing anything, and the idea that any custom agent would face the likeliness of a huge prison sentence for the sake of a laptop is laughable and rather pathetic.
+1

BTW, security is not handled by custom agents but a separate private company.
But addressing a request where you state that your property has been "stolen" while you simply forgot to put it back in your bag is not going to earn you a friendly response.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brunos
+1

But addressing a request where you state that your property has been "stolen" while you simply forgot to put it back in your bag is not going to earn you a friendly response.
No, no. If it was on the belt by my bag I would have put it in my bag, but it wasn't so I thought that it was inside my bag, and I think that customs officers might have taken it out without telling me so that;'s why I call it some kind of theft because I'm so annoyed.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 7:00 am
Original Poster

I clearly wrote that I'm not 100% sure so don't put words in my mouth please.
Besides how can I have any kind of proof?! I don't have any cameras in the airport which could film that.

Well, I do believe a lot of people who have traveled via CDG saying that thay have their things stolen by the staff. I guess you have no idea how many stuff (electronics etc) are lost/stolen? in the airports, they can make a great bundle of it. This is not an accusation, this is what I gather from what I read and my traveling experience.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 7:02 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Hold on - you don't remember if you did or did not take it out of the bag? So the laptop could just as well be taken by the cab driver while on your way to the airport? Or the hotel staff?

Could it be that you did take it out but they double-scanned it for some reason? And when they were done you had already taken off with an empty bag?
Old Jul 31, 2013, 7:02 am
Original Poster

I still hope there is somebody who would do that for me.
I won't be accusing anybody if they tell me that my laptop is not there.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond

Originally Posted by brunos
+1

+1

No, no. If it was on the belt by my bag I would have put it in my bag, but it wasn't so I thought that it was inside my bag, and I think that customs officers might have taken it out without telling me so that;'s why I call it some kind of theft because I'm so annoyed.
First, please use correct terms. You are obviously not talking about customs here but security screening. Those are 2 completely different things. As Orbitmic and Brunos, I don't buy your story : in hundreds and hundreds of flights through CDG, I have never seen a security agent taking an item from inside a bag for the purpose of screening it. They always ask the pax to remove the item. They never open a bag before having the consent of the pax. So either you forgot it somewhere or it has been stolen after and it can be anybody.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Hold on - you don't remember if you did or did not take it out of the bag? So the laptop could just as well be taken by the cab driver while on your way to the airport? Or the hotel staff?

Could it be that you did take it out but they double-scanned it for some reason? And when they were done you had already taken off with an empty bag?
I had a connecting flight from from HNL via LAX, CDG to WAW, and I remember that I did have it in LA and there's no way I lost/left it there because to almost boarding my plane to Paris I'd had it. Yes, I was so tired after the trip that I simply can't remember taking it out or not.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I had a connecting flight from from HNL via LAX, CDG to WAW, and I remember that I did have it in LA and there's no way I lost/left it there because to almost boarding my plane to Paris I'd had it. Yes, I was so tired after the trip that I simply can't remember taking it out or not.
You may also have forget it in the plane. It happened to me once recently on SQ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.