Search

Flew AF yesterday CDG-LAX on a 388

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2012, 7:09 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

This was our first trip on this plane.

Great airplane. Excellent service both in air and on the ground.

We had seats 60K/L which I agree with other FT members are the best seats in the upper Affaires cabin....lots of extra leg room. You have no idea that 600 people are sitting behind and below you. The duration of the 11 hour flight was made easier by the size of the cabin and the ability to move a bout and really stretch. ( especially in the quirky little unused " lounge " forward of our seats.)

A few minor " complaints".

1.The windows are so deep from the width of the fuselage it really make looking out and down difficult. I felt like I was looking through a funnel with restricted view. (Subsequently our connecting flight to Seattle on a 737 800, emphasized how much more you can see out the window on a smaller older plane.)

2. The cabin got too hot for our comfort. No individual air vents so you are at the mercy of the crew for cabin temperature.

2. Are there gates to handle a 388 at LAX? We were tarmac parked and bused to immigration...all 588 of us.

oh...and one more....our first opportunity to use Global Entry@ LAX....and the machines were not working.

Last edited by david55; Sep 23, 2012 at 8:50 am
Old Sep 23, 2012, 7:20 am

There are currently only 2 gates to my knowledge at lax that can handle a A388 at the main international terminal .
Old Sep 26, 2012, 2:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by david4455
2. The cabin got too hot for our comfort. No individual air vents so you are at the mercy of the crew for cabin Temperature
Flew sfo-cdg on the 772 and it was the same. Parents were on AZ 772 LAX-FCO and they also said the same. Flying back tomorrow on the newly refurbed 744 so I hope it is cooler, I am dressing for a warm cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.