Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfers in CDG (2E) - Time to S4?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Hilton, Marriott & SPG Platinum & a whole lot of other programs...
Question Transfers in CDG (2E) - Time to S4?

Hello all -

It looks like with the opening of S4 now, that many of the Skyteam International flights will depart from this Pier. I notice on the map that there is a connection (train, etc) between 2E (K, L and M Gates). I am taking LHR-CDG-ATL (AF1681 -> AF6) Tuesday next week (3-JUL) and it seems that LHR-CDG arrives in 2E and CDG-ATL departs from 2E. Am I safe to assume it should be a somewhat more simple transfer than in the past? Is there still a security recheck.

I only have a 1:30 layover and was hoping to at least check out the new Lounge. Thanks for any insight!
Old Jun 26, 2012, 1:09 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by milesandpoints
Hello all -

It looks like with the opening of S4 now, that many of the Skyteam International flights will depart from this Pier. I notice on the map that there is a connection (train, etc) between 2E (K, L and M Gates). I am taking LHR-CDG-ATL (AF1681 -> AF6) Tuesday next week (3-JUL) and it seems that LHR-CDG arrives in 2E and CDG-ATL departs from 2E. Am I safe to assume it should be a somewhat more simple transfer than in the past? Is there still a security recheck.

I only have a 1:30 layover and was hoping to at least check out the new Lounge. Thanks for any insight!
Well, the ride between 2E (K gates) and S3 (L gates) takes 45s. When you add the stop in S3, the ride from 2E to S4 (M gates) should take about 4mn. You should also note that, at the beginning, S4 will only be open in the morning, while in the afternoon, flights from 2E will use the main pier at 2E and S3. I am not sure how this applies to AF 006 departing at 1355 ... In any case, there's no guarantee that your flight will be using S4.

I believe you will probably have to undergo a security screening as CDG, like most European airports, doesn't differentiate between EU/non-EU flights, but between Schengen and non-Schengen flights. So, coming from LHR ...

Last edited by JOUY31; Jun 26, 2012 at 1:23 pm
Old Jun 26, 2012, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I am taking LHR-CDG-ATL (AF1681 -> AF6)
AF6 is CDG-JFK so you have either your destination or your flight number wrong. AF6 was typically always S3 on A388 days, not sure if it will stay there or move to S4 with its opening or if it will depend on days. I think it may be hard to say just yet.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Hilton, Marriott & SPG Platinum & a whole lot of other programs...
Originally Posted by orbitmic
AF6 is CDG-JFK so you have either your destination or your flight number wrong. AF6 was typically always S3 on A388 days, not sure if it will stay there or move to S4 with its opening or if it will depend on days. I think it may be hard to say just yet.
Thanks - It is indeed AF6 and I meant to Say JFK (Its the A380). I'm ATL based, but flying back into JFK this trip. I'm looking forward to the trip on the A380 in J!
Old Jun 26, 2012, 2:41 pm

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Thanks - It is indeed AF6 and I meant to Say JFK (Its the A380). I'm ATL based, but flying back into JFK this trip. I'm looking forward to the trip on the A380 in J!
While some jetways in the main 2E pier can accommodate the A380, I have never seen it parked there, but always at S3. So, AF6 will depart from either S3 or S4 (if you are lucky !). In my personal experience, flights from LHR arrive most of the time at the main pier, but in about 15% of my flights, they have used S3.

Enjoy the A380 .
Old Jun 26, 2012, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JOUY31
While some jetways in the main 2E pier can accommodate the A380, I have never seen it parked there, but always at S3. So, AF6 will depart from either S3 or S4 (if you are lucky !). In my personal experience, flights from LHR arrive most of the time at the main pier, but in about 15% of my flights, they have used S3.

Enjoy the A380 .
Thanks Hoping for S4 - If I had the time, would it be possible prudent to visit S4 to see the new lounge and back to S3; or does the security check come into play? Thanks again!
Old Jun 26, 2012, 2:47 pm

Thanks Hoping for S4 - If I had the time, would it be possible prudent to visit S4 to see the new lounge and back to S3; or does the security check come into play? Thanks again!
In the past, you could only use the lounge that is located in the boarding pier from where your aircraft leaves. I don't believe this has changed yet, although it could change in late 2013 when the airside hotel area opens in S3.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 2:48 pm
Suspended

Security

Yes, you will need to clear security before you leave your arriving terminal. You will probably make it fine, but CDG security can be slow, I have noted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.