Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CDG : 2G arrival with a "big" plane

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2012, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (plat), Eurobonus (gold), Accor (plat), Bonvoy (plat)
CDG : 2G arrival with a "big" plane

Had a special experience tonight : arrival from FRA at terminal 2G onboard a A318 on AF2319. First thought of a mistake when announced shortly after landing, but no.

Seems that the plane was continuing to BES, destination indeed served by 2G (not all flights are contracted to Brit Air). Not sure if that's the usual turnaround for that flight.

Those connecting to the evening long-haul flights at 2E certainly felt at ease as there is an airside shuttle, but for the others that's another story. I felt sorry for my neighbour who had a 50 min connection involving a transfer to 2F...

First time I'm seeing a "big" plane at 2G. Has anyone ever experienced the same ?
Old Jun 24, 2012, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
First time I'm hearing or seeing this also. I thought the E190 (operated by Regional) was the largest plane at 2G...
Old Jun 25, 2012, 5:24 am

Programs: AF-Platinum for Life / LH-M&M / Radisson Rewards Platinum / IHG Gold
To see an A318 at 2G is uncommon but not excluded.
I saw it two or three times - on flights to BES as mentioned, but also PUF.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 4:54 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
Parkings in 2G (Juliett) can handle aircrafts up to A321.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.