Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What does "On Hold" mean with a reservation?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:16 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

What does "On Hold" mean with a reservation?

I made a reservation on AF web today for a RT internal flight in France. I did not get any email confirmation but I was able to get my conf. # after a call to AF...but when I checked the reservation says " On Hold"......

Is this the status as they verify C.C. payment? How soon after making a reservation should I get an email?

I tried calling web support but after 15 minutes on hold...I hung up
Old Feb 22, 2012, 12:15 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Last time I had a reservation "On Hold" it was because the flight time had changed... I eventually received a mail from AF and the On Hold disappeared from my booking.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Correct. It means they are holding the reservation for you for whatever reason (Usually waiting payment confirmation, but could also be a change in flights). They would never release the reservation without contacting you first. If they have your phone and/or email details, of course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.