Search

AF 747 upper deck 64a

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2011, 4:27 pm
rwd
Original Poster

AF 747 upper deck 64a

Hello

I am currently booked into 64a on the 747 (CDG-MIA) and am concerned this seat might not recline as it is the one before the exit. Could anyone confirm as I will change seats if this is the case.

Thanks
Old Sep 10, 2011, 5:00 pm
Koc

64A is tagged as a standard Voyageur seat at Seatguru.com

If a seat has limited recline due to an exit, it is usually tagged yellow. But, it is not always credible...
Old Sep 10, 2011, 5:56 pm

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by rwd
Hello

I am currently booked into 64a on the 747 (CDG-MIA) and am concerned this seat might not recline as it is the one before the exit. Could anyone confirm as I will change seats if this is the case.

Thanks
I was worried about the same question two years ago. Eventually I sat on 65L (window seat), which is much better. But even with 64A, you can normally recline. Here is a picture of you seat:

Last edited by ajs123; Sep 10, 2011 at 6:02 pm
Old Sep 11, 2011, 8:48 am
rwd
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ajs123
I was worried about the same question two years ago. Eventually I sat on 65L (window seat), which is much better. But even with 64A, you can normally recline. Here is a picture of you seat:

Ajs

Thanks so much that puts my mind at rest. I knew someone here would be able to help and with the photo thats even better! Was not allowed to book row 65 yet but may try and swop later. just one moe question - in 65 if you are next to the window does the door slide not get in the way?

Thanks again.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 12:27 pm

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by rwd
Ajs

Thanks so much that puts my mind at rest. I knew someone here would be able to help and with the photo thats even better! Was not allowed to book row 65 yet but may try and swop later. just one moe question - in 65 if you are next to the window does the door slide not get in the way?

Thanks again.
You are welcome. The door slide as you can see on the picture below does not get in your way. They keep the row 65 blocked. I got it only on the day of departure at CDG (I could not get it in AMS). The window seats on the upper deck are great as you can also use the small storage compartment on the side. The only inconvenience is the immvable armrest.

Old Sep 28, 2011, 6:00 pm

I just booked AF MIA-CDG 747-400 next April for my honeymoon. Looking for some recommendations on seat selection (I've done a lot of research). I'm 6'4" so really looking for max leg room. Available options now are:

41A+B (exit row with no seat in front)
43L (bulkhead, but not sure how much room)
60L and J (upstairs bulkhead seats. for some reason the middle seat is already blocked)
52B+C (towards the back but seat A is missing which might give me a little room to stretch off to the side)

I also noticed on the Delta site that the seat map shows a row 57, but no other seat map site shows that row. Anybody know the truth on the existence on that row?

I really appreciate any help you experts can give.

Last edited by aperez49; Sep 28, 2011 at 6:12 pm
Old Sep 28, 2011, 8:44 pm

Programs: FB, MM, QM, ES, KF & LP / HH, HGP & SPG
Originally Posted by aperez49
I just booked AF MIA-CDG 747-400 next April for my honeymoon. Looking for some recommendations on seat selection (I've done a lot of research). I'm 6'4" so really looking for max leg room. Available options now are:

41A+B (exit row with no seat in front)
43L (bulkhead, but not sure how much room)
60L and J (upstairs bulkhead seats. for some reason the middle seat is already blocked)
52B+C (towards the back but seat A is missing which might give me a little room to stretch off to the side)

I also noticed on the Delta site that the seat map shows a row 57, but no other seat map site shows that row. Anybody know the truth on the existence on that row?

I really appreciate any help you experts can give.
Hi aperez49 and welcome to FT.
From the 4 options that you've put down there I would go with the last one, 52 B & C.
The seats in row 41 are with limited recline, so not too comfortable.
Row 43 is just ordinary, a 3-4-3 layout and not really what you look for, I'd imagine.
And, finally, row 60 is on the upper deck, if that matters, but again, not really private as the cabin is configured as a 3-3.
If it were up to me, I'd stick with the couple seats on row 52.
Cheers.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
In general, do not trust DL site for AF seat maps. Go to AF web site. But in his case, row 57 do exist and it is the last row of Y, so I would certainly not recommend this.

Originally Posted by 31dany
And, finally, row 60 is on the upper deck, if that matters, but again, not really private as the cabin is configured as a 3-3.
If it were up to me, I'd stick with the couple seats on row 52.
Cheers.
I have to disagree with you . AF is the only airline in the western world to have Y at the UD and this is the best Y flying experience you can have IMO. The cabin is much more private than the huge cattle class at lower deck, quieter, more legroom and the guarantee to have a PTV. It's a kind of "economy comfort", so almost Y+. And, as Aperez49 is tall, he can try at OLCI to have the famous row 65. But the bulkhead row 60 is not a bad choice too.
So I would definitely go for the UD
Old Sep 29, 2011, 3:58 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I have to disagree with you . AF is the only airline in the western world to have Y at the UD and this is the best Y flying experience you can have IMO. The cabin is much more private than the huge cattle class at lower deck, quieter, more legroom and the guarantee to have a PTV. It's a kind of "economy comfort", so almost Y+. And, as Aperez49 is tall, he can try at OLCI to have the famous row 65. But the bulkhead row 60 is not a bad choice too.
So I would definitely go for the UD
Could not agree more ^

On Goldoraks recommendations (which NEVER fails) I got the exit row seats from CDG-SGN in the UD and it was FANTASTIC. Very quiet, lots of storage space for your stuff (get a window seat) and much nicer than the downstairs Y.

One thing to remember is that the second half of the UD seats have more seat pitch than Y down stairs and is reserved for E/E+'s and/or extra payment for non FF ^
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:50 am

Thanks for the info guys, I think I might go with 60J and L and hope I can swap to the famous 65. What is your guess on Seat 60K being blocked already? Is it just typical of the airline to block it? I'm guessing if it is already taken there won't be a problem asking someone from that seat to swap with my fiancee so that we can sit together.

I had the pleasure of sitting economy UD on a BA (I think) 747 flight about a decade ago and it was a nice experience. Thanks again everyone..
Old Sep 29, 2011, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thanks for the info guys, I think I might go with 60J and L and hope I can swap to the famous 65. What is your guess on Seat 60K being blocked already? Is it just typical of the airline to block it? I'm guessing if it is already taken there won't be a problem asking someone from that seat to swap with my fiancee so that we can sit together.

I had the pleasure of sitting economy UD on a BA (I think) 747 flight about a decade ago and it was a nice experience. Thanks again everyone..
It's probably blocked because of the baby basinet location at 60J/K/L.
Question for you : do you have any status in a Skyteam FFP ? Because, if not, I doubt you'll be able to pre-book for free at UD (but you can book there at the "seat plus" option with an extra fee, as said by my good friend Cupart ).
Old Sep 29, 2011, 4:07 pm

I am a Delta skymiles member but I have no status and no miles really, but it let me select the seats on the Delta site after I purchased. Though from what I've read it seems like that really isn't much of a guarantee of those seats..
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:28 pm
TGV

Programs: FB Life Platinum
While I concur on the advantges of being onthe UD,, and since you have mentioned :
I'm 6'4" so really looking for max leg room. ...
I just want to remind you that row 60 being bulkhead you have a wall in front of you, and so you can't slide your legs below the seat in front as in other rows (or below nothing in row 65).
For my part having to keep my legs bended during hours is not ideaand I prefer to select other rows for this reason.
In row 60 some people put their legs on the wall but I don't find it very civilised, as you put you feet at head height, nor can be sustained during long periods.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 3:25 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
I would also definitely recommend UD - but be careful with row 60, as you might get kicked out of it if there is a passenger with a baby.

I've been in row 61 and [at 6'2"] found it quite comfortable.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
So what's the real story with the UD? I'm flying YUL-CDG this weekend, currently booked at a window downstairs, but enjoy the UD experience.

As DL FO, what are my options to be seated upstairs for no extra $? Someone mentioned upthread about being able to select seats there at OLCI. True?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.