Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Beds" on some AF flights from 2013

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2011, 1:48 am
Original Poster

"Beds" on some AF flights from 2013

Yesterday at the annual stockholder's general assembly someone asked why there were no "beds" on Air France flights like they are on Singapore Airlines or other Airlines.
An executive replied it was on project and there would be this feature on Air France flights from 2013.
(Source : French website challenge.fr)

Of course it is a reference to the seats in best classes on long haul flights, which are inferior to competition right now at Air France.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 2:04 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
I presume this is the same as what we were told during the meeting in April with FB/AF staff that the new product for F and C will be "really good etc".

Gajan
Old Jul 8, 2011, 2:38 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
Indeed, the aim is to offer a whole new cabin in 2013 for P and J : new "theme", new seats, new ambiance.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 3:08 am

Programs: FB, MM, QM, ES, KF & LP / HH, HGP & SPG
Originally Posted by Mokshu
Indeed, the aim is to offer a whole new cabin in 2013 for P and J : new "theme", new seats, new ambiance.
Private suites maybe?
Old Jul 8, 2011, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 31dany
Private suites maybe?
with housemaids on NYC-CDG segments ?

(moderator is free not to like my tentative humour, then I will not do it again)
Old Jul 8, 2011, 4:34 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
^^^

Great news
Old Jul 8, 2011, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by vilntrav

(moderator is free not to like my tentative humour, then I will not do it again)
Sounds alluring
Old Jul 8, 2011, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I will believe it when I see it on a plane. There has been so many veiled project announcements of a flat bed in J over the past few years...
AF is the last of the major airlines who has not yet announced officially a flat bed.
LH has been delayed by the 747-8i delays, but they will soon get the first one in operation.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 6:03 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by vilntrav

Let's keep focused on the topic at hand, then. Thanks for your understanding.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by brunos
I will believe it when I see it on a plane. There has been so many veiled project announcements of a flat bed in J over the past few years...
AF is the last of the major airlines who has not yet announced officially a flat bed.
LH has been delayed by the 747-8i delays, but they will soon get the first one in operation.
It will be a few more years before LH will take delivery from Boeing on their new jumbo...
Old Jul 8, 2011, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It will be a few more years before LH will take delivery from Boeing on their new jumbo...
Maybe, maybe not. I know that Boeing has had a lot of trouble, but the first LH 747-8i is undergoing flight tests and is expected to be delivered early 2012.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 9:18 am

Maybe, maybe not. I know that Boeing has had a lot of trouble, but the first LH 747-8i is undergoing flight tests and is expected to be delivered early 2012.
First due date for LH was 2010... so, I would expect nothing more that another delay.. The freighter will be launched with CV later this year, but the Intercontinental I think won't be in service by mid-2012.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

First due date for LH was 2010... so, I would expect nothing more that another delay.. The freighter will be launched with CV later this year, but the Intercontinental I think won't be in service by mid-2012.
I have no basis to make any forecast, so you might well be right. I just hope that LH gets it as fast as possible as they wont retrofit the J seats until they get their 747-8i. Their improvement on the F seat is great and they will next turn to the J seat.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 6:58 am

I have no basis to make any forecast, so you might well be right. I just hope that LH gets it as fast as possible as they wont retrofit the J seats until they get their 747-8i. Their improvement on the F seat is great and they will next turn to the J seat.
As someone who doesn't fly LH that much, I really don't care that much about their product especially in F.
On the other hand, you've made a good point there, AF need to move fast, things are picking up..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.