Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New option - Hold your AirFrance booking for 14 days for 15 Euros

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2010, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

New option - Hold your AirFrance booking for 14 days for 15 Euros

New option - "Hold your Air France booking for 14 days for a 15 Euros fee with possibility to cancel, general manager Air France-KLM UK and Ireland, Henri Hourcade says."

Has anyone seen anything about this ?

Sorry if it is old news and has been discussed ;-)

Last edited by LostinSpacetoo; Jun 8, 2010 at 4:20 pm
Old Jun 8, 2010, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Yes, it's old news but it doesn't matter
This is part of the new European offer (NEO). BTW, a good idea IMO
Old Jun 9, 2010, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Thanks, can you link me to the discussion or Air France info ?
Old Jun 9, 2010, 5:55 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
If I remember correctly :
- 10 EUR for medium/short-haul flights ;
- 15 EUR for long-haul flights.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 3:30 am

Programs: Flying Blue life Platinum , *A Gold ,PC Plat. IC Royal Ambassador , SPG Platinum
?

It's the first time I hear about that. Usually, if I booked my flight soon enough (about 4/5 weeks) I got 2 weeks to confirm. Of course, not I I booked it 2 weeks before departure .... Of course, never payed anything for that.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 1:21 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
How did you get 2 weeks to confirm? Dont you normally have to pay the fare directly through iDeal, bank transfer or creditcard?
Old Jun 12, 2010, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xandrios
How did you get 2 weeks to confirm? Dont you normally have to pay the fare directly through iDeal, bank transfer or creditcard?
I guess that depends whom you book through. If you book through a TA, the TA could hold the reservation until the ticketing deadline, which varies depending on the fare rules.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NickB
I guess that depends whom you book through. If you book through a TA, the TA could hold the reservation until the ticketing deadline, which varies depending on the fare rules.
So can anyone recap ? Is there a link to the rules ? Do you have to book via TA ? AF online booking ? Which fares ?
Old Jul 28, 2010, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

"When you book tickets online, you can now choose our “Time to Think” option to hold your reservation. This new feature saves your reservation and guarantees the same price for up to 14 days.*

This option is available for:
€10 for Voyageur class** reservations on all flights within metropolitan France and within Europe, and between Europe and North Africa or Israel,
€15 for reservations in all cabin classes (except La Première)** on all other flights.

To purchase your ticket, simply visit the “Manage your reservations” section. If you do not want to confirm your reservation, it will be automatically canceled at the end of the “Time to Think” period.

http://www.airfrance.de/DE/en/local/...tion_achat.htm
Old Jul 29, 2010, 5:06 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, BMI Gold, EK Skywards Gold, BA Gold, IC Hotels Platinum Ambassador
If i book with my company's travel agent I usually get some days to think about it anyway.....how does this affect that?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 5:48 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by chunk73
If i book with my company's travel agent I usually get some days to think about it anyway.....how does this affect that?
It doesn't, but this was not available to individual passengers booking online. It is now something they can do, but for a fee.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 7:14 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, BMI Gold, EK Skywards Gold, BA Gold, IC Hotels Platinum Ambassador
In which case you are almost as well going with the travel agent if you aren't sure - all depends on what they charge you to buy the ticket. We have a fee levied by the TA when we buy, not when we reserve. Not sure if this is going to attract or push away passengers from booking direct....
Old Jul 29, 2010, 7:44 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
Originally Posted by JOUY31
It doesn't, but this was not available to individual passengers booking online. It is now something they can do, but for a fee.
This was available for free on certain markets / hauls and a shorter delay.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Mokshu
This was available for free on certain markets / hauls and a shorter delay.
It was indeed - I used it quite a few times, chose to pay over the phone after booking online (never incurred any further charge, I don't know if there should have been one) and when calling to provide payment details, asked till when I had to pay. I never did it on the cheapest fares (which I believe needed immediate issue) but on some 'moderate' fares and for free.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Was offered 24 hours hold for 10 Euros - booking 12 days ahead . Wondering what are the rules ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.