Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A380 - lhr-cdg

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2010, 8:26 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Henry III
FYI, the email also includes this: Air France currently operates A380s on the Paris-New York and Paris-Johannesburg routes and from later on this year on the Paris-Tokyo route.
Old May 14, 2010, 8:47 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by clubman
Same here...
I saw the same this morning, however just checked a few dates and now showing as £230 R/T for a few dates.

I can tell you Dep 9th - Ret 11th definitely works as just booked it.
Old May 14, 2010, 10:03 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Just reserved 19/06 LHR-CDG and back following day!
Old May 14, 2010, 1:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
The booking I made yesterday was cancelled for some reason three hours after I made it. After several telephone calls with web services and reservations involving spontaneous transfers, none hot, from USA?, France, Brazil and Netherlands the ticket finally was paid for, allegedly. They spontaneously lost the payment. It was irritating enough to be forced out of the Brazilian site to the french one because the brazil site cannot originate flights in France, then the price showed up in B$ so I had to use a Brazilian card because they don't accept foreign cards on Brazilian payments.

if that sounds confusing to you, it sounds exquisitely painful to me.

The solution was made in the end, if it was, of course, by a US web support person who said all western hemisphere web support is done there. According to him if the ip address of the computer is in Brazil they will automatically charge in R$ regardless of the site on which the reservation is made.

This should have nothing to do with my silly A380 day trip, but it somehow seems to since they also keep having trouble finding the flights.

I hope nobody else is having such ridiculous issues.
Old May 14, 2010, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
Nabbed LHR - CDG 17th of July, CDG - LHR on the 18th. Looking forward to it!
Old May 15, 2010, 12:15 am

Is it possible to book ow Business and ow economy?
Old May 15, 2010, 4:39 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
Originally Posted by delseyd
Is it possible to book ow Business and ow economy?
Certainly. Due to the idiosyncrasies of the AF websites you may need to make two one-way bookings. You won't be the first one to do it. Sad they don't allow FC booking; then you could do OW F and OW C or Y
Old May 15, 2010, 7:35 am

BA customers who are waiting in vain for a BA sale ex UK can test drive the A380 and take advantage of the BA sale ex France
WT+ sale

Biz Seat and Biz Bed sale
or from the US the other way around:
https://www.flyopenskies.com/home/en_us
Old May 15, 2010, 7:43 am

Programs: BA Gold
Question for AF frequent fliers (wandering over from BA Exec Club here).

I booked LHR-CDG-LHR overnight in June just for trying out the A380 in J, GBP280 return. The confirmation doesn't tell me anything about seat allocation and through manage your reservation I can't get any additional info - the tab labelled on board or seats or something along those lines is empty. Could an AF frequent flier tell me how seat assignment normally works? Should I be able to find out my seat now or only at T-24? Many thanks...
Old May 15, 2010, 7:54 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jms_uk
Confirmed! [Only thanks to a friend who took 2 TDCs to Bristol airport - some stupid rules which ones can be posted and which ones not...]
Old May 15, 2010, 9:51 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by RivieraTraveler
Question for AF frequent fliers (wandering over from BA Exec Club here).

I booked LHR-CDG-LHR overnight in June just for trying out the A380 in J, GBP280 return. The confirmation doesn't tell me anything about seat allocation and through manage your reservation I can't get any additional info - the tab labelled on board or seats or something along those lines is empty. Could an AF frequent flier tell me how seat assignment normally works? Should I be able to find out my seat now or only at T-24? Many thanks...
For intra-European business class, you can select your seat from the time of booking up to 48 hours before the flight. As the seat map is not offered on the web site, I would call the standard Air France reservation number in your country to have the seat assigned.

Enjoy your flight .
Old May 15, 2010, 12:19 pm

could someone confirm if this is right, one way business I'd get 1500 miles is that correct?

and there's no special offer bussiness ex Paris?

Last edited by Hannibal Lecter; May 15, 2010 at 1:16 pm
Old May 15, 2010, 12:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite for Life, Hilton Diamond, United Silver
Originally Posted by jms_uk
I'll be on both flights with you in biz...!
Old May 15, 2010, 1:00 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
could something confirm if this is right, one way business I'd get 1500 miles is that correct?
Yes, 750 miles minimum distance + 750 miles for class of service; all count for status.

BTW, unless I am mistaken, there is no special offer for one way trips.
Old May 15, 2010, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by JOUY31
Yes, 750 miles minimum distance + 750 miles for class of service; all count for status.

BTW, unless I am mistaken, there is no special offer for one way trips.

yes there is, from London

Voyageur Return: £80
Business return: £280
Business One way: £180

http://www.airfrance.co.uk/GB/en/loc..._heathrow.htm?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.