Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2/17 AF7 JFK-CDG landing time?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2010, 10:08 am
Original Poster

2/17 AF7 JFK-CDG landing time?

What time did this flight land today(2/18)? It was heavily delayed in leaving JFK last night(2/17). Flightstats says "unknown"
Old Feb 18, 2010, 10:29 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
This flight did not operate :

It has been rescheduled to AF007A.
Will leave JFK on 2/18 @ 5:30pm
Will arrive in CDG on 2/19 @ 6:35am
Old Feb 18, 2010, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Thanks - useful info. Is this why the A380 I was scheduled to fly on tonight (AF 7) has apparently been replaced by a boring B777 and my nice window in the front cabin by an aisle seat?? Do you know if AF007A is actually taking passengers? If so anybody knows if there is any chance they might let me on it if I arrive early at the airport or will they stick to the old beast instead?
Old Feb 18, 2010, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Thanks - useful info. Is this why the A380 I was scheduled to fly on tonight (AF 7) has apparently been replaced by a boring B777 and my nice window in the front cabin by an aisle seat?? Do you know if AF007A is actually taking passengers? If so anybody knows if there is any chance they might let me on it if I arrive early at the airport or will they stick to the old beast instead?
Hello Orbitmic
are you sure you were supposed to be on the A380 ? because normally AF006/AF007 is a B77W on wednesday ?
Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:36 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Yep, was flying yesterday - which was Thursday! This being said, AF people at JFK were lovely: arrived early, asked if I could be on the 17.30 A380 since they had changed the plane for my flight as a result, there was no problem at all and am thus having a bit more time at CDG where I am currently awaiting my LHR connection! ^
Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:39 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Yep, was flying yesterday - which was Thursday! This being said, AF people at JFK were lovely: arrived early, asked if I could be on the 17.30 A380 since they had changed the plane for my flight as a result, there was no problem at all and am thus having a bit more time at CDG where I am currently awaiting my LHR connection! ^
I'll have to keep that in mind if the scenario repeats on March 2nd ... when I'm scheduled to take the A380.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
I'll have to keep that in mind if the scenario repeats on March 2nd ... when I'm scheduled to take the A380.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Do - although this was a pretty 'exceptional' coincidence I guess that they decided the previous day's flight was delayed by 22h40 making a -1hr30 transfer doable! I also hope that with the arrival of more A380s in the fleet, these unexpected aircraft changes will slowly disappear. Enjoy the flight, it is still a lovely bird in my opinion!!
Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:50 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Do - although this was a pretty 'exceptional' coincidence I guess that they decided the previous day's flight was delayed by 22h40 making a -1hr30 transfer doable! I also hope that with the arrival of more A380s in the fleet, these unexpected aircraft changes will slowly disappear. Enjoy the flight, it is still a lovely bird in my opinion!!
Wouldn't count on the improvement, since the 2nd A380 they have received is being sent to JNB 3-4 times a week.

(This compared to the LH approach, which is starting to fly the 380 on domestic routes, until they have 2 and will then start the JFK run)

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.