Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advanced Seat Assignments in J Possible Online?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2010, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Advanced Seat Assignments in J Possible Online?

Am flying IAD-CDG-SEZ, and return, in July in J. I bring up my reservation on the AF website and go to Manage My Reservation, hoping to secure some seat assignments. However, I don't see that option being available. Is that correct, or am I missing something?
Old Feb 7, 2010, 4:14 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
If I am correct, seat assignment is available from 90 days prior to departure [at least on KLM it is].

Gajan
Old Feb 7, 2010, 4:59 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

We have award reservations for October of 2010..... and I was able to make all of our seat assignments at the time we booked....355 days in advance via the AF website.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
www.klm.com

is your solution
Old Feb 7, 2010, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Thanks for the link. It seems to be more useful than the AF website. However, it says that if I want to change my seat assignment, which I obtained by calling AF, I'll have to wait until 90 days before departure. No biggie, just a little annoying.

P.S. Couldn't help but notice your MLH location info. Are you in Mulhouse or Basel? If the former, I spent a summer about 10 years ago working for my company in Thann, France. Still keep in touch with friends there. Also know the recently retired proviseur at the large lycee(can't think of it's name at the moment) on the west side of Mulhouse, near Dornach I believe.

Last edited by arkangel; Feb 7, 2010 at 10:31 pm
Old Feb 8, 2010, 4:30 am

AF Manage My Booking still not working

I've also been trying (for a few weeks) to change a seat on AF's website. I keep getting a message that "Our reservation tool is currently unavailable." I'm getting the same message on KLM and also on Flying Blue. I know that I can call but I'd like to look at the available seating on line. Any suggestions?
Old Feb 8, 2010, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Dear all,

A few bits of extra info:
- while with KLM you can only pre-assign seats from 90 days before (which sometimes mysteriously transform into 89 by the way!) you can pre-assign from whatever time the reservation is made with AF even if it is months in advance;
- if you call reservations, they can always do it. If you want to do it yourself, a few things to remember:
1) there have regularly been issues in recent weeks with the system not working;
2) even when it works, with the new 'improved' website design, changing seats has become counter-intuitive: you don't see a 'change your seat' tab any more but once you get into the seat selection area need to click the box which has (or would have) the seat number, then click 'areas x' on the little plane and then you see the seat map;
3) you can only change seats on the AF website corresponding to the country where the reservation was made (even if not directly with af). So, for instance, if your ticket is booked on expedia.co.uk, you will have to go to www.airfrance.co.uk to change seats as you won't be allowed to do it on www.airfrance.fr or www.airfrance.us. Conversely, if the ticket was booked on lastminute.fr, don't try www.airfrance.co.uk.

- similar issues exist when trying to enter pre-required passport info, FF number or SME number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.