Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Trouble redeeming 2nd Amex Aeroplan Plus Plat 2 for 1 short-haul benefit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trouble redeeming 2nd Amex Aeroplan Plus Plat 2 for 1 short-haul benefit

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2010, 2:03 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Ask them to give you 15000 AP miles as compensation so you can IKK a free ticket.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Latest

Booked Mrs.acysb87 on points from my account.I will buy a revenue ticket as our complete file and booking has disappeared.Re-do all.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is now a partner ticket available in my AE account when I call in.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 7:03 am

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
I received this from AP today.
Dear jarusoba,

As an American Express®* AeroplanPlus® Platinum Cardmember, it’s easy to share your travels with someone close to you.

Once a year, when you redeem 15,000 Aeroplan® Miles for a short-haul ClassicFlight® Reward in economy class, you’ll receive a complimentary Partner TicketTM for the same itinerary1.

Don’t miss out on this opportunity to share every moment of your travels with someone close to you. Just choose from a variety of destinations across North America2 and start packing!

Taking advantage of this benefit is easy!

To embark on your next adventure:

1. Simply call your Aeroplan Agent at 1-800-361-5373.
2. Redeem 15,000 miles for your flight reward.
3. Request your complimentary Partner Ticket.

It’s that simple...and rewarding for you and someone special!

Aeroplan
Old Mar 11, 2010, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by jarusoba
I received this from AP today.
Me too. 'Its that simple'
Old Mar 11, 2010, 8:54 am

Programs: Fairmont, Amex MR, Marriott
Originally Posted by getaround
Me too. 'Its that simple'
Hey, I thought it was just personally sent to me. Guess I am special, just like everyone else.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 4:04 pm

Programs: Bonvoy-lifeime Titanium,Amex Plat
I signed up for the card last November and had forgotten about the 'partner' ticket until this morning when I received an email from Aeroplan reminding me of the benefit. So I suspect that the benefit still exists but obviously with some glitches. Here is the text of the email:

As an American Express®* AeroplanPlus® Platinum Cardmember, it’s easy to share your travels with someone close to you.

Once a year, when you redeem 15,000 Aeroplan® Miles for a short-haul ClassicFlight® Reward in economy class, you’ll receive a complimentary Partner TicketTM for the same itinerary1.

Don’t miss out on this opportunity to share every moment of your travels with someone close to you. Just choose from a variety of destinations across North America2 and start packing!

Taking advantage of this benefit is easy!

To embark on your next adventure:

1. Simply call your Aeroplan Agent at 1-800-361-5373 .
2. Redeem 15,000 miles for your flight reward.
3. Request your complimentary Partner Ticket.

It’s that simple...and rewarding for you and someone special!

Aeroplan
Old Mar 11, 2010, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by drwilliams
Hey, I thought it was just personally sent to me. Guess I am special, just like everyone else.
Just a joke; I had issues and gave up also. Waste of time.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Obviously it was the right timing for an explanation?
Old Mar 11, 2010, 6:37 pm

I got a big black box today (seriously) for a Centurion (Black) card. They want 5 grand for it. 2.5k annual thereafter.

Do you think this would improve my chances of making this promo work?

What a joke!
Old Mar 13, 2010, 8:20 pm

For those who are still experiencing trouble with this, it might help to know that I was eventually able to book the two for one partner ticket with Aeroplan for 15000 points. The benefit does exist, I think the AMEX agents may be getting confused when we ask about the Aeroplan AMEX Platinum 'companion' benefit instead of the 'partner ticket'.

The AMEX agent I spoke with was kind enough to call me back with Aeroplan on the line once the benefit had been sorted between the two companies with respect to my Aeroplan account. That way I didn't have to wait on hold with Aeroplan yet again to see whether AMEX had managed to send the information required (via some kind of electronic message according to Aeroplan - not sure why this takes two days).

AMEX agent also suggested that the benefit may not have been applied to my Aeroplan account automatically when my AMEX year renewed because there is very little (almost no) charge activity on my AeroplanPlus card. I use my regular AMEX Platinum charge for my daily spending.

For those running into the most frustrating problem of having AMEX representatives tell them this benefit doesn't exist, I'd suggest directing the agents to the AeroplanPlus Platinum card website and citing the benefit under footnote 4 as so helpfully posted above by 300rwhp.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by S600
For those who are still experiencing trouble with this, it might help to know that I was eventually able to book the two for one partner ticket with Aeroplan for 15000 points. The benefit does exist, I think the AMEX agents may be getting confused when we ask about the Aeroplan AMEX Platinum 'companion' benefit instead of the 'partner ticket'.

The AMEX agent I spoke with was kind enough to call me back with Aeroplan on the line once the benefit had been sorted between the two companies with respect to my Aeroplan account. That way I didn't have to wait on hold with Aeroplan yet again to see whether AMEX had managed to send the information required (via some kind of electronic message according to Aeroplan - not sure why this takes two days).

AMEX agent also suggested that the benefit may not have been applied to my Aeroplan account automatically when my AMEX year renewed because there is very little (almost no) charge activity on my AeroplanPlus card. I use my regular AMEX Platinum charge for my daily spending.

For those running into the most frustrating problem of having AMEX representatives tell them this benefit doesn't exist, I'd suggest directing the agents to the AeroplanPlus Platinum card website and citing the benefit under footnote 4 as so helpfully posted above by 300rwhp.
Thats fine, but you know what? This has been in place for least least 2 years. I think since at least 2007. IT SHOULD BE NOT SO DIFFICULT.....
Old May 2, 2010, 9:40 am

Programs: AC Aeroplan, Bonvoy, HHonors, National EC
Easy as pie

Just booked YYZ to IND and had no issues.

Based on what I had read here, the first time I called to check dates, I was ready for a long, drawn out process. But I mentioned it to the agent once and she seemed to know exactly what I was talking about.

When I called to make the booking, it was the same: I mentioned I wanted the second ticket. The agent said it was no problem and a few minutes later the confirmation for two was in my inbox.

YMMV.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Accor Plat
Have to vent about this - Here we go again...
Trying to use the 2-1 Amex benefit and Aeroplan says Amex says I am not eligible.

Call Amex and they say that's strange, sure we understand you are upset and someone will look into it tomorrow. No one can approve or do anything on their side today.

For what $500 a year for this card this is the one benefit that keeps me signing up but after now the second round of this I don't think it's good for my health.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 2:27 pm

Programs: Fairmont, Amex MR, Marriott
I redeemed one about a month ago with no issues. Called Aeroplan, they said it was on my profile, and they booked in no time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.