Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Safari & AC.com Flight pass booking issue...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2009, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC-SE, SPG-P

I have two Macs and have been unable to get past the complete purchase function of the unlimited flight pass booking sequence for the last 4 days using safari on both. This has worked seamlessly for as long as I have had Mac and flight passes and is an all of the sudden issue... Anyone have similar problems or a solution that does not involve downloading and using a PC based browser?

Thanks
Old Jun 4, 2009, 8:59 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Delta SkyMiles, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Browser

Using a PC, I have had problems completing ticket purchase using Firefox as my browser...then when I access the site with Explorer, it will work. This is, once again, an IT issue to be solved. To design a website that tells a large percentage of the population they need not shop here is not the way to cultivate business....at least they aren't screwing up the site with Flash graphics, one of the most annoying design features on the web. I can see their place on a site geared towards teens...but not on hotel and airline sites which should be trying to ease one's use, not make one download 1001 items just to view what in effect are advertisements.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 9:11 pm

Programs: Several
I have problems on my Mac with Safari sometimes - and sometimes not - when booking on AC. And in their notes they say they don't support Safari. I ended up downloading Firefox and it seems to work for me.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 6:45 pm

Safari on the Mac works great for checking fares at aircanada.com but is useless for booking anything on this website. All of my aircanada.com or aeroplan.com bookings are done via Firefox -- works seamlessly!

The weird thing is that Safari works flawlessly whenever I book on united.ca.

Greetings from snowy Canmore, AB!
Old Jun 6, 2009, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Sometimes Safari, Mac and AC.com get along perfectly.

Sometimes they don't.

I am unable to find any correlation between when they will work, and when they won't. But it's only on AC.com that I have these issues consistently. (Full disclosure - these issues may exist on other websites too but AC.com is the only site I visit consistently and have random errors.)
Old Aug 25, 2009, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC-SE, SPG-P
Well my issue seems to have been solved. The new update of Safari seems to have addressed this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.