Wiki Posts
Search

Using AP Miles on YYZ-SYD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2009, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Back of the bus
Using AP Miles on YYZ-SYD

Is it just me, or is this the worst possible route to try and actually use for miles redemption in executive/first?

Does not matter the dates and times, if the flight is on A/C via YVR, then i'm getting quoted 585K per flight for business class. Absolutely ridiculous!

Any suggestions on routings to make this work? I'm sure there is stuff buried in other threads somewhere, but I'm new to the game of fudging the routings to make this practical.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 10:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan Former E
Actually depends on when you are trying to go. I've actually seen 6 Ds out of YVR to SYD in July. But normally it is very tough because people snap up tickets at the 330 day mark - and you are fighting not only AC customers but also part of UA/USs customers as well.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 10:34 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by jazzsax
Is it just me, or is this the worst possible route to try and actually use for miles redemption in executive/first?

Does not matter the dates and times, if the flight is on A/C via YVR, then i'm getting quoted 585K per flight for business class. Absolutely ridiculous!

Any suggestions on routings to make this work? I'm sure there is stuff buried in other threads somewhere, but I'm new to the game of fudging the routings to make this practical.
Other routings might included LAX or SFO/NRT/ICN/SIN/BKK among other asian destinations.

You can also route via Europe and SIN/BKK
Old Apr 29, 2009, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by Jalinth
Actually depends on when you are trying to go. I've actually seen 6 Ds out of YVR to SYD in July.
I noted about 4-5 weeks ago there's D class all over the place for most of the rest of this year on SYD-YVR - I've never seen so many ever available before. A lot of them seem to be gone now, but there's still quite a few showing available over random date checks.

For the OP, firstly welcome aboard FT and secondly, I suggest you search YVR-SYD-YVR first and find out the days when regular D is showing available. Then try and build a YYZ connection onto it - multi city search may work best.
Like the regular fares on SYD-YYZ, the YVR-YYZ portion of the flight often mucks around with the availability on the through portion of the journey to/from SYD.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 2:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
I have never seen so much space for AC SYD. So this might be bad by most airlines standards, but its GREAT for aeroplan! Did you try a star alliance award? Even UA has the new lay flat seats on SYD.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Back of the bus
Thanks for the comments. I did take the advice, and now it seems there's no shortage of inventory, at least for dates more close to now. The further out I go it seems to be more difficult.

YYZ to YVR seems to mess things up a bit, but i'm sure I can make it work, just need to be flexible on the dates!

Thanks for the welcome...
Old Apr 29, 2009, 2:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Aeroplan just opened up 250,000 seats lets hope they keep doing it for later in the year.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 6:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
We got D seats to YYZ-SYD for next Jan but had to get them at 355 day mark. Even then had to come home MEL-SIN-NRT-YYZ. This route seems very difficult to get in Jan & Feb. Only 2 D seats available on YYZ-SYD routing..snapped up immediately on opening. It seems possible to get if you don't want those months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.