YYZ-EZE

Old Apr 1, 2009, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, AA
YYZ-EZE

On the YYZ-EZE flight with the stopovers in SCL both ways, do passengers stay on the plane or can go to the duty free stores?
Thanks for any info
Old Apr 1, 2009, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by candot
On the YYZ-EZE flight with the stopovers in SCL both ways, do passengers stay on the plane or can go to the duty free stores?
Thanks for any info
You will be led to a special waiting room. Since you dont get out of Chile, you are not "qualified" to shop at the dutyfree shops.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 12:58 pm

Programs: AC*S, Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by gordo6
You will be led to a special waiting room. Since you dont get out of Chile, you are not "qualified" to shop at the dutyfree shops.
Last time I made that flight - I remember having access to all the shops on the departures Concourse. Everyone had to deplane and then reboard.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 1:36 pm
QNX

you will have access to shops next to the gate you are waiting in.

Just came back yesterday ..
Old Apr 1, 2009, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
If you'd have done a search you'd have seen an extensive discussion on this subject. You are dumped into the main departure area for international flights and can pretty much wander throughout that airside area to any lounges or shops. However, you cannot use your AC boarding pass or STARGold status to use any of the airline lounges (AC uses the AA lounge under contract) even if you're in business.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 1:56 pm
QNX

I used Priorty Pass for the close by Delta Crown Room Club
Old Apr 1, 2009, 3:36 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
You're not in a sterile area, just the regular boarding/departures lounge. AC frequently uses gate 14 at SCL. You have full access to Starbucks, Duty Free Shops, etc.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, AA
Thank you all for the information
Candot

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.