Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

SE members will need 30% more miles for AP Classic rewards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2009, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

starting March 1, 2009 - Super Elite members will need to use 30% more miles to access 'special SE seats' for Aeroplan Classic rewards.

http://www.aeroplan.com/static/gfx/r...hart_SE_EN.pdf

Super Elite Priority Rewards
As an Air Canada Super Elite member, you have priority access to unsold seats in Economy Class when redeeming your Aeroplan Miles – and exclusive priority access to Executive Class® and Executive First® seats - even if Aeroplan ClassicFlight Reward seats are completely booked.

For 2009 Super Elite Priority Rewards:

You’ll require 30% more Aeroplan Miles than Aeroplan ClassicFlight Rewards. See new 2009 Super Elite Priority Rewards chart.

Your reward bookings must be made between March 1, 2009 and February 28, 2010; eligible reward booking changes are also permitted within that same period;

Your Privilege is only available on scheduled flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Jazz and Air Canada 4-digit flights operated by Air Georgian Limited (doing business as Air Alliance), Exploits Valley Air Services LTD, and Central Mountain Air;

Your Privilege can be also be extended to travelling companion(s) as follows:

When travelling in Economy or in Executive Class within Canada or between Canada and the Continental U.S.A. -OR - when travelling in Economy Class to/from international destinations* - your travelling companion(s) do not need to be accompanied by you.

When travelling in Executive Class/Executive First to/from international destinations* - your travelling companion(s) need to be booked on the same reward reservation and travel on the same itinerary, same flights and same dates as you.

When you hold a purchased ticket booked in Executive Class/Executive First (J, C, or Z booking classes) for travel to/from an international destination*, your travelling companion(s) need to travel with you on the same date on at least one international flight operated by Air Canada; not valid with purchased Economy Class tickets upgraded to Executive Class/ Executive First. To verify eligibility, availability or book your reward reservation, you must call the Aeroplan Contact Centre.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 10:24 pm

Programs: AC E75K *G
Another 30%?
Old Jan 31, 2009, 11:05 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
So we have spent a year flying AC to earn SE on AE - only to learn at the end of the earning year that they have eroded the SE IKK benefit by 30%.

Will IKK even exist in 2010? If it does will it be 50% or 100% increase in points required.

Why should we spend a another year earning SE on AE without knowing what the benefits will be for the following year?? Probably better to split between different alliances.

I am still sitting on the fence trying to decide whether to stop at 35K and move on to Oneworld to earn Gold with BA.

Instead of devoting all my flying to AC as I have since the demise of CP - I am now considering switching my YVR-HKG J class from AC to CX and credit to BA Executive Club. CX has more flights from YVR and fly everyday unlike AC now. And my European trips could include BA flights to earn the needed TP points.

I know other SE's (non FT) are also shifting their earning to other alliances and airlines for this year due to this change.

In this current economy AC/AE should be doing everything they can to keep their best customers. Messing with the IKK for this year is not a wise way to reward us.

Even fixing IKK for 2009 will likely not do it for me now - It is only fair that before I begin earning this year that we know what the benefits will be for 2010!

Still waiting to see if they will be reconsidering this change and confirming 2010 details now.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 12:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
? there is a thread on this already however..... you know 100% AC is going to cut the program next year they have for 8 years?
So what do you think its going to get BETTER next year.

The only way the program will get "better" is of West Jet joins One World program.
Trust me the will really hurt AC and your Aeroplan program will be much better.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
And here is the pre-existing thread... already covered ad nauseum.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...ase-ikk-y.html
Old Feb 1, 2009, 2:08 am

you know 100% AC is going to cut the program next year they have for 8 years
That would be 9 years.

"It's not leaking. It's overflowing!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.