Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLL - what times are the soups served?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2008, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum

For the last few weeks, I have gone to the YYZ domestic MLL several times at the same time in the evening. The attendants remove the soup (cauldrons) between 7 and 7:30 PM. That seems to be a bit early - what time do they start serving the soup? Do other MLLs at YYZ and elsewhere have the same policy, in terms of the time period that the soup is served?
Old Jul 15, 2008, 7:23 pm

Programs: AC-E50K, IHG-P, Bonvoy-G
I do know that the domestic lounge in YYC started serving soup at 4h30 a few weeks ago when I was there.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 8:15 pm

Programs: E35K, Delta SM, AM ADV, Priority Club Plat, SPG Plat, MR *S, GR *E, Hyatt GP, AM
I know most of them start the soup at 11:00 AM. I'm not sure if there is a country wide time I think it depends on the location. It seems to me some stop somewhere around 2:00PM. I was in the YUL Transborder on Sunday and it they had soup past 2:00 PM. They restart sometime before dinner time. 7:30 - 8:00PM is around the time where they tend to pull them away for the night.

MMMMM MLL soup!
Old Jul 16, 2008, 10:28 am

Programs: AC SE, SPG P
It needs to be "day old " first ,so it depends on when they made it.

Seriously though, I have noticed that the time varies greately between lounges. I suspect that there is a definite time to remove the cauldrons, or they do so when the day's supply is gone.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 11:42 am

No soup for you!
Old Jul 16, 2008, 2:28 pm

Programs: *G (as are spouse and 2 kids), ACCOR ALL DIAMOND, Marriott - GE
In the International YYZ MLL now and sign says soup from 430-830pm.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 2:40 pm

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
I have been in the YOW lounge since 1pm and 2 soups have been available - Turkey Rice & Tomato & Red Pepper - both are very good...
Old Jul 16, 2008, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
I have been in the YOW lounge since 1pm and 2 soups have been available - Turkey Rice & Tomato & Red Pepper - both are very good...
They must be mixing well with the other contents of your belly seen as you were going to make a dint in the bar also
Old Jul 16, 2008, 2:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by IsleTraveller
Seriously though
This is a serious thread? On MLL soup removal policy? Oh, sorry, hadn't noted who the OP was...
Old Jul 16, 2008, 2:58 pm

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Originally Posted by getaround
They must be mixing well with the other contents of your belly seen as you were going to make a dint in the bar also
It's all about balance

Trust me, Rob's bar has seen a hit since I arrived almost 4 hours ago

My 2pm flight is now scheduled for 5.30.... but we have been under a lightening hold for the past hour, so who knows.

The soup (and other liquids) are still flowing.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 3:02 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
It's all about balance

Trust me, Rob's bar has seen a hit since I arrived almost 4 hours ago

My 2pm flight is now scheduled for 5.30.... but we have been under a lightening hold for the past hour, so who knows.

The soup (and other liquids) are still flowing.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 8:39 am

Programs: Air Canada SE
Air Canada's soups are the primary factor keeping me loyal customer - in particular, their takes on the classic tomato and curry squash soups.

YOW opens the soup service at 1100, which is the scheduled boarding time for AC8610, my most frequent post-redeye "get home" flight. I rarely board that flight on time.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 5:35 pm

Programs: AC, UA, HH, MR, and the other usual suspects
Originally Posted by patty canuck

There's a sign in YYZ domestic MLL that says the same thing. Minestrone and Potato Leek today. Yum!
Old Jul 18, 2008, 7:27 pm

There was no soup in the YYZ Domestic MLL at 3:30pm. And enough beer to make my flight on a 762 go by fast :P
Old Jul 19, 2008, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by patty canuck
Where did you see the signs for the times that the soup will be served (in the international YYZ MLL)? I do not recall seeing the sign in any one of the 3 YYZ lounges - domestic, transborder, or international.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.